Tourists safety

Despite what the head of T.A.T. spouts, nothing has been done to improve tourist safety. Last night at Lamai Night Plaza (opp. 7/11 Lamai Beach road) I sat for three hours and counted up to 300 bikes, 20% with no lights and only one wearing helmets. Then returning to my truck parked behind MacDonalds I ran into an almighty brawl between ten Thai perps and a bald headed farang wielding a billiard cue. Who you gonna call ? Still no police presence at night on either Chaweng or Lamai beach roads whose showing would go a long way to keeping people alive ! Rant over.

crusty you on a personal crusade after that taxi man attacked you?

We all know if you get drunk and cross any thais inside or outside a bar then trouble will follow you,

Like I said, never saw the guy before in my life. The cops are assuming he came from the South to have a go at farangs here especially those walking alone and over 60. A sign of the times followed by the Central bombing and today's news story of the Muslim problem in the South tells of their new strategy of hitting the government by disrupting the tourism economy.

• 2 weeks later...

You sat and counted bikes for three hours??!!!

That made me laugh out loud!!

No you dimwit count the bikes for one minute then multiply by 180 ! I see why you failed the Australian Edu. entry test.

No you dimwit count the bikes for one minute then multiply by 180 ! I see why you failed the Australian Edu. entry test.

300 bikes during 3 hours but you only counted for 1 minute, that is 1.7 bikes tongue.png

• 1 month later...

crusty you on a personal crusade after that taxi man attacked you?

We all know if you get drunk and cross any thais inside or outside a bar then trouble will follow you,

Like I said, never saw the guy before in my life. The cops are assuming he came from the South to have a go at farangs here especially those walking alone and over 60. A sign of the times followed by the Central bombing and today's news story of the Muslim problem in the South tells of their new strategy of hitting the government by disrupting the tourism economy.

As I said, ignore these incidents at your own peril as ISIS's main aim is to hit the Govt. where it hurts ie the tourism industry. NOW we have this bomb at BKK's main tourist shrine, dozens dead and scores injured ! Either wake up or install Crusty and Poor Sucker as Mayor and vice Mayor, you were all warned a month ago !

Safety in any shape or form is a non starter in Thailand......

Mark my words, the local ISIS next step will be a fishing boat from the South loaded with explosives and running it up on the beach at Haad Rin among the tourists at a full moon party in a Bali style attack though Samui's marine police are doing a good job by turning any boats away and now force passengers to disembark on the opposite side of the peninsular where they walk to the party.

It's a good job it wasn't Samui Bike Week, or your statistics would reveal that 99% of the bikes on Samui are million baht Harleys

• 2 weeks later...

Safety in any shape or form is a non starter in Thailand......

Good to see the article yesterday in Spectrum exposing the safari tours dangerous modified pick up trucks haring around the island's main road in convoys with tourists (mainly Chinese) riding in seats above the cab. Despite several deaths, nothing has been done to outlaw this dangerous practice simply because there are no active traffic police and once up in the mountains, they do as they please. I recall when Mr. Ung's Safari Tour was the only guy operating a mountain tour, now there are a dozen and if you happen to be in their way on a mountain road, they simply aim at you head on !

Archived