Ever been to prison? Pattaya police station cells?

Rorynorway

are the cops simple or what, if it was me looking money i would be hiding behind corner at soi dianna / lankee crossroads then pounce.

stupid .

It may look stupid to the unclued farang.

More likely scenario is that they receive extortion money from the pubs/clubs in the area, and thus it isn't good business cracking down on their own customers.

Everyone's a winner, even the farangs drink driving home and calling the Thais stupid for allowing them.

coffee1.gif

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the cops simple or what, if it was me looking money i would be hiding behind corner at soi dianna / lankee crossroads then pounce.

stupid .

More likely scenario is that they receive extortion money from the pubs/clubs in the area, and thus it isn't good business cracking down on their own customers.

Everyone's a winner, even the farangs drink driving home and calling the Thais stupid for allowing them.

coffee1.gif

And the police actually own quite a bit of the land on which bars are build so they actually double dip.

They get rent and they extort from the bar owners.

Nice gig, cop in Pattaya

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a . my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

.54?? That's almost 11 times the legal limit.

I think you were being a 'kunt' for endangering other road users.

The legal limit on the police breathalyzers is 50.

I got stopped about a month aga and was told in no uncertain terms that over 50 and I go straight to the monkey house.

I was under an allowed to go on my way.

The blood alcohol concentration of "50" or ".54" you speak of needs to be clarified to some here. "50" would be "50 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millileters of blood or 50 mg%. The writer who stated ".54" likely means 54 mg%. These readings would be displayed on the instrument used as ".050" or ".054" respectively. The legal limit for "drunk" driving varies worldwide, however most common is ".08" or 80 mg%.

Source - my memory from being a person authorized to operate a breath instrument for measuring the blood alcohol content of drivers under the influence of alcohol.

stupid .

coffee1.gif

And the police actually own quite a bit of the land on which bars are build so they actually double dip.

They get rent and they extort from the bar owners.

Nice gig, cop in Pattaya

And some farangs think that they are stupid ones for not standing outside the bars they profit from, hassling and fining the customers for chump-change. laugh.png

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell ... All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

For drink driving you should have been Jailed for 18 Months then deported with a no come back policy for at least 20 years.

Disgusting,

Yes and likewise I propose 2 years followed by deportation for speeding, 1 year for jay walking, illegal turns? 1 to 3, that should curb that dangerous activity. No helmet, maybe 6 months and deportation after all if you can't be a model citizen you should go back to your own country. There's more of course but you get the idea. Edited by slerickson

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell ... All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

For drink driving you should have been Jailed for 18 Months then deported with a no come back policy for at least 20 years.

Disgusting,

Yes and likewise I propose 2 years followed by deportation for speeding, 1 year for jay walking, illegal turns? 1 to 3, that should curb that dangerous activity. No helmet, maybe 6 months and deportation after all if you can't be a model citizen you should go back to your own country. There's more of course but you get the idea.

How many Farangs drink and drive in Thailand, I know loads that do, but if they knew they would get Jail and deportation, I wonder how many would stop doing it ?

Disgusting,

Yes and likewise I propose 2 years followed by deportation for speeding, 1 year for jay walking, illegal turns? 1 to 3, that should curb that dangerous activity. No helmet, maybe 6 months and deportation after all if you can't be a model citizen you should go back to your own country. There's more of course but you get the idea.

How many Farangs drink and drive in Thailand, I know loads that do, but if they knew they would get Jail and deportation, I wonder how many would stop doing it ?
This should be highlighted for falang here in Thailand, I did not know it was a straight to jail offence until I read this thread, I thought you got issued a ticket and a date in court.

Disgusting,

Ha Ha

And you think Farangs drink driving is a big problem in Thiland. ha ha ha .

Go an experance the wonders of the Thai drivers of Thailand yourself .

and tell me if they are all drunk or just , selfish dangrous drivers ?

Anyway i think the police should give basic care to anyone in jaill

like water.

what they like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Disgusting,

Ha Ha

Yes nearly every Farang I know who drinks and has a motor drinks and drives on a regular basis, but of course I've only been here since 1990, so I'll bow down to your superior knowledge of how things really are in Thailand. giggle.gif

And it would be a problem if a drunk Farang smashed into you or a loved one in his Fortuner wouldn't it ?

You are obviously new to Thailand with your Myopic view that Thai = Bad and Farang = Good.

Edited by Banzai99

Yes nearly every Farang I know who drinks and has a motor drinks and drives on a regular basis, but of course I've only been here since 1990, so I'll bow down to your superior knowledge of how things really are in Thailand. giggle.gif

And it would be a problem if a drunk Farang smashed into you or a loved one in his Fortuner wouldn't it ?

You are obviously new to Thailand with your Myopic view that Thai = Bad and Farang = Good.

So out of all the million of farangs that you know how many smashed into someone in their fortuner?

So out of all the million of farangs that you know how many smashed into someone in their fortuner?

On Thai Visa or the rest of the expat sites too?

fortuners smash on thai visa? or other sites? i thought it were cars on the roadscoffee1.gif

Disgusting,

Ha Ha

With the Thai male driving in Thailand , yes 100% correct.

mate was done DUI on thursday, he had to wait to monday to go to court, cops let him pay a 20000 thb fine plus an extra 15000 on friday night to be let go before monday mornings court. 4 years ago another mate died when taken from chon buri jail to hospital with diabetes, he was chained to bed in hospital, he called me from a smuggled phone next day to say cops ( actually navy ) were trying to kill him in jail, i didnt believe it as when i visited him the cops seemed friendly enough and i even had a bit of a laugh with them about buying him a few beer chang from downstauirs 7/11. 2 days later he was dead. all because he assaulted the farang boss of a well known gogo bar . he couldnt pay his way out because i asked him if it was possible as he had the money. another accomplice died last year in klong phrem central , he was given 50 years for drugs, yes stupid !! both guys from northern ireland.

moral of the story is dont do drugs in LOS and try your best to turn the other cheek and walk away from ars e holes , its hard but its only going to go one way if you dont and your caught.

Nice post, thanks for sharing.

This is an interesting topic and a good thread, shame it's (currently) focused on Pattaya. It would also be fascinating to compare experiences with those from BKK, the islands, the north, south and north east.

Whether they be post- or pre- Coup 2014 stories might also cast an illuminating light on how things are going.

No sympathy for any TV member who ends up in the slammer for DUI, we should all be good model citizens and lead by example. tongue.png

The Thais should lead by example, after all it is their country.

I'd agree with the first part of your post though.

I couldn't give your post a Like because although I agree with you that many drunk drivers deserve to get punished in some way, I believe people, society and life's situations are far too complicated to be able to apply punishment to every situation, irrespective of what that punishment may be.

Even so, like you said to Basil, I'd agree with the first part of your post though, in fact it's the crucial factor:

"The Thais should lead by example, after all it is their country."

I've been told that the 1st policeman that you see is the one you want to deal with.And it might not be cheap.If you don't have a lot

Of baht on you then hopefully he'll take you to the nearest ATM.If not I hear jail in Thailand is not fun.Supposely they feed you rice

Soup.So I imagine A quick way to lose weight.My advise don't drive to the bar.Leave your car at home.Take songthew,tuk tuk,taxi

Or something.

I've been told that the 1st policeman that you see is the one you want to deal with.And it might not be cheap.If you don't have a lot

Of baht on you then hopefully he'll take you to the nearest ATM.If not I hear jail in Thailand is not fun.Supposely they feed you rice

Soup.So I imagine A quick way to lose weight.My advise don't drive to the bar.Leave your car at home.Take songthew,tuk tuk,taxi

Or something.

Been told a lot, heard a lot and imagine a lot, like a scary story round the camp fire.

Edited by RealisticRon

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

Disgusting,

A bit over the board unless you are a tolerance zero on driving like in Nepal. The 0.54 is about 2 drinks in less than 1 hour. Canada has a 0,80 level to be charged for DUI and I believe USA has similar level in most states. So this guys was not a big drunk dangerous driver. He was just above the 0,50 level legal in Thailand. At this point, driving while on a mobile phone has be proven more dangerous has far as reaction time are concerned.

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a kunt. my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

Disgusting,

Who are you, an ancestor of Judge Roy Bean?

From what I heard from a guy I know who the emigration cops got for working, he was put into the Pattaya police station cells for few days. He refused to pay the bribe which would not free him it just gets him to the court quicker.

The immigration cops ended taking him to the Pattaya prison where he was held for 2 months with no court visit, he eventually got to court and fined then released on bail.

Anyone who drinks or has drunk in thailand and drives Car /Motor bike.

Has driven home at some point in time DUI.

Bunch of Hypocrites. bah.gif

Wrong. If there is even the remote possibility that I might have a drink while I'm out, I take a motorcy taxi from my home to the venue. For 100 - 200 baht, it's well worth it to me to not have to worry about it. If I'm on my bike and someone wants to go have drinks, I either decline or I take the bike home and come back on a taxi.

It's not worth the risk of death or imprisonment. Ever.

the funny part, as up to recently, it was possible to refuse a breath analyzer test, fine was 2k bath... (should not be older then 6 months or so )

now, refusal equals admitting guilt...

as per:

those drinking and driving = stupid and not good for you, blame yourself and bear the consequences...

as per:

those monkey's paying bribes, criminals, go directly to jail... you'r teaching bad behavior to the wrong people and making life a hell for good people

as per:

those asking and taking bribes: criminals, go direct to jail... you'r a disgrace, you'r ruining you'r country's future...

In the middle of the Pattaya Courthouse holding area is a large square cage. Within the cage are the criminals. The criminals have a large ball chained to 1 of their legs.

To enter the holding area I was stripped of my footwear. My wife paid a "tip" to the official and I was allowed to sit in a chair in the corner of the room, not within the cage. I asked to use a toilet. I was led to a urinal area where i could urinate. But, the entire urinal area was 3 inches deep in piss. So I stood in the piss to urinate.

An unpleasant experience. angry.gif

I have never been in a scrape in LOS, but was watching the US TV Series Banged up abroad. Two US women were shown locked up in a cell with about 20 other women and no beds, chairs, of course this was TV. If it was a true then it is quite inhumane treatment.

No sympathy for any TV member who ends up in the slammer for DUI, we should all be good model citizens and lead by example. tongue.png[/quot

The man was not asking for sympathy, merely relating an incident from years ago, stay in your armchair.

Spent the night in banglamung jail cell with a naked russian who had made weapons with wire and the policeman saw it and didnt give a shit. The policeman kept asking for my passport which was at home and he was generally being a my wife paid a bribe the next day and i was off to court and had to pay another bribe to get my passport back. All for drink driving .54 thank u. I still see the same police man who threatned to deport me and he seems a little embarassed when he looks at me.

BS!!! You paid bail and a fine for drive drunken!!! Easy to say it was a bribe!!! What the Police do in your home coutry if you drive there drunken???

If they had deported you it where a good thing. This they should do with every idiot who drive drunken and risk the live of other People!!!

.54?? That's almost 11 times the legal limit.

I think you were being a 'kunt' for endangering other road users.

Do you really think he meant .54%? Of course not, most people would be dead when having more than .4%.

In many parts of the world the limit is expressed as 'per mille' which is one tenth of a percent, so what he obviously meant was 0.54 which is 0.054%.

In many countries the limit is 0.08% so arresting and jailing anyone for having this little over 0.05% is just way over the top. The extra 0.004% you could get from half a glass of grape juice (yes I mean grape juice)!