cheap room with wifi per month, pattaya.

dirtycash

looking decent cheap room for at least 1 month stay in june/july. i do not care for paying 1000 a night for the likes of opey de place or sabai lodge etc when i can get a decent room on soi bonkot or the likes for a fraction of the price. might even consider dark side.

any pointers ,

THANKS

DC

Edited by dirtycash

Plenty of places available in Nirun on Soi Arunotai that start around 3500 to 4000 per month.

Loads of agents on the ground floor shopping complex.

Nice place with pools, bars, gym etc and very quiet at night (which I like).

Plenty of places available in Nirun on Soi Arunotai that start around 3500 to 4000 per month.

25 sq mtrs. Small. High electricity and water usually.

Though there is plenty of cheap food to be had right on the doorstep (American fried rice & Chicken fried rice 50B Sit there to eat).. Cheap beer too.

A room in 9 Karat next Soi along to Nirun is even cheaper per month and larger rooms with cheaper elec and water. The pool is great. Food besides the pool starts at 70B. Ask in the office.

Before people say it is a bad place, it is not really any worse than Nirun for example.

One downside is the school can be a bit noisy.

Though there is plenty of cheap food to be had right on the doorstep (American fried rice & Chicken fried rice 50B Sit there to eat).. Cheap beer too.

A room in 9 Karat next Soi along to Nirun is even cheaper per month and larger rooms with cheaper elec and water. The pool is great. Food besides the pool starts at 70B. Ask in the office.

Before people say it is a bad place, it is not really any worse than Nirun for example.

I've stayed in both, 1 year in 9 karat and then a year in Nirun.

9 karat was OK but you're right, it is a bit noisier. The reason I moved out was I got fed up with the interruptions to the electric and water and the lifts often being out of service.

IMO Nirun has a bad rep that is undeserved.

I've stayed in both, 1 year in 9 karat and then a year in Nirun.

9 karat was OK but you're right, it is a bit noisier. The reason I moved out was I got fed up with the interruptions to the electric and water and the lifts often being out of service.

IMO Nirun has a bad rep that is undeserved.

The lifts in Nirun last year were out for months and months. So many moved out.

I've been in 9 Karat less than 6 months but no electric problems at all. Maybe they have improved their efforts.

The beefed up security in Nirun seems a lot better now too. Plus Nirun seem to be making more of an effort to tidy the place up a bit.

Not a lot between them except Nirun has all the various fpood stalls and places for a beer. That can be a plus.

I noticed the OP said wifi. Neither Nirun nor 9 Karat have wifi that is any good unless in Nirun you are near one of the wifi shops on the ground floor.

Sophon will rent you internet on short term base. They have a shop in Nirun and speak good English.

Depends on what wifi you want. Simply for e-mails and similar like Thai Visa etc., I'd go for a 3G card in the phone if your phone is capable. True do one for 200Baht a month (when I topped up the g/f's last month).

Stayed at a place on Soi Bongkot opposite Nick the pizza a long time ago. Had aircon and internet. Pretty basic room. Think I paid about 4,000 baht for 1 month there. There is a 7/11 just outside and a mini tesco on that road now that they recently built. Only problem is its a bit away from the action so you will need a motorbike.

Are you looking for a party or livable?

Plenty of rooms around with two headed monsters for neighbors, but it's kinda hard to work and talk with clients over that.

If you want livable it costs a lot more, increasing with the more privacy you have generally.

some <deleted> who,s reply was removed by the mods asked me why i have a condo ( un construction) but i want to live in a 8k a month <deleted>, my reply to the <deleted> is obvious. untill my condo has finished i will rather stay in a nice room like hotel standard or better for 8-10k a month instead of a hotel room like opey de place or sabai lodge where i would be paying at least 30k a month upwards. its a big saving, we are not all millionaires and pattaya is not a cheap place to live if you do some partying regularly.

Edited by Rimmer
Flames and profanities

Pattaya pad condo. Sounds ok. Anymore info. I dont know the soi. Thnks

Map Link

thanks nightrider, i have past this place many times so i will check it out. also close to ( taek loom dee ) my favourite resturaunt in foodland . thumbsup.gif

• 3 months later...