Letter of invitation for work permit

Hi guys,

Brief background = My Thai friends who run hotels wish to hire me - we have got all the documents together for a non-b with a view to a work permit and I will be doing it via Hull shortly. The last document we need is a formal letter from the employers stating their rationale for hiring me.

1: I assume it can be in either Thai or English, can anyone confirm this?

2: Does anyone have an example of what the letter should read like?

Will appreciate any advice,

Best regards,

Ryk

Best you ask Hull exactly what they require.

I presume you are aware that Hull is not recommend as a reliable source of information or visas .

You may be best advised to contact one of the other UK Thai Hon. Consulates.

Thanks for the reply,

I have used Hull before, never had a problem and all their information measures up to exactly that of the London embassy or any other source.

I know all the documents that I need, I just wondered, as per my question above, If anyone had an example of how the letter of invitation from my employer should be worded as they want me to help write it.

Pleased you have confidence in Hull .

As suggested best you ask the Consulate about exactly what is required to be included in the letter

If the Consulates requirements are met then there will be no disappointments

You can not easily make a non-B visa at Hull now. The only service they provide is to "check' your application+documents and send it on to the embassy in London. I am from Hull and they know me for many years as I have obtained multi Non-B visas from them since 2003 but since last year they can not issue Non-B visas themselves - they can only refer the applications to tthe embassy in London. For my current non-B I just went to London and got the visa next day without any problem.

The attached is a sample of the letter that is used for obtaining a single entry Non B visa. Make sure the official Thai company seal is on beside the authorised signature.

You the man! Thanks, thats exactly what I need - also I know Hull will just be forwarding the application - it just happens to be more convenient for me.

Cheers again!

• Like 1

The attached is a sample of the letter that is used for obtaining a single entry Non B visa. Make sure the official Thai company seal is on beside the authorised signature.

You the man! Thanks, thats exactly what I need - also I know Hull will just be forwarding the application - it just happens to be more convenient for me.

Cheers again!

You can deal with the Thai Consular Facility in London by post, don't waste your time/money by going through Hull.

Friend of mine with a current WP and 100% kosher paperwork ended up being messed around by Hull a couple of years ago due to their poor understanding if the regulations. He then didn't have time to then go to London and unbelievably was issued with a Tourist visa by Hull, which he had to literally throw away once he had made a trip to Penang the day after he had landed in Thailand, to get a valid non B so he could actually start back at work again.

Personally, in their current incarnation, I wouldn't touch Hull with a barge pole for non 'b's.

Edited by digitalchromakey
  • Like 1

Any similar example of how you do this from within Thailand. I am here on a 1 year multiple entry family visit visa and wish to do some work for Co's here and foreign co's with interests here.

If a company is willing to hire you, they can apply for a work permit for you at the local labour office. They might tell you to apply for a non-B visa abroad first, before they will issue the work permit. In that case they will give you documents to show to the consulate in a neighboring country. (You also need documents from the company).

Once you have the non-B you return and get the Work Permit.

If the family is a Thai wife or child you will get the work permit on your current visa (entry).