Shisha and illegal gun found at outdoor bar complex in Central Pattaya

webfact

Yes I did.

The link you posted about prostitution is one I'm well aware of. It outlines in detail the ways prostitution is regulated in Thailand. I have a feeling you don't know what "regulated" means, otherwise you wouldn't be persisting with this silly argument.

As far as shisha is concerned, I'm less sure of my facts which is why I wrote "I believe..." None of the links you provided give confirmation of the law that specifically makes it "illegal". They are just links to discussions, a BBC news report and blogs referring to police notices and the such. The fact that its openly smoked in thousands of venues throughout Thailand suggests to me that there must be some regulations about its use and maybe some local regulations that permit some places to continue with its use. However, if someone can find a link to the legislation that makes shisha illegal in Thailand, I will gladly accept it.

Yeah i suppose banned, does not mean illegal, it must mean something else.

And the reason why thai visa has a rule 17 is because prostitution is regulated

Not much further can be added, and thanks for the links, by the way, glad you up to date with what is legal, regulated and "tolerated" or "overlooked for a fee" thumbsup.gif

Hi Konying, I can confirm that prostitution in not completely illegal in Thailand.

The problem is that "prostitution" is a broad term that includes brothels, pimping, etc.

To be precise, Thai Law thai law bans all prostitution "business" activities, but not the act of privately selling sex for money.

The here unlinkable newspaper has run a short series of articles written by two Thai lawyers about that question and who basically confirmed that freelance prostitutes cannot be prosecuted for anything except for too obvious solicitation.

Yes I did.

The link you posted about prostitution is one I'm well aware of. It outlines in detail the ways prostitution is regulated in Thailand. I have a feeling you don't know what "regulated" means, otherwise you wouldn't be persisting with this silly argument.

As far as shisha is concerned, I'm less sure of my facts which is why I wrote "I believe..." None of the links you provided give confirmation of the law that specifically makes it "illegal". They are just links to discussions, a BBC news report and blogs referring to police notices and the such. The fact that its openly smoked in thousands of venues throughout Thailand suggests to me that there must be some regulations about its use and maybe some local regulations that permit some places to continue with its use. However, if someone can find a link to the legislation that makes shisha illegal in Thailand, I will gladly accept it.

Not much further can be added, and thanks for the links, by the way, glad you up to date with what is legal, regulated and "tolerated" or "overlooked for a fee" thumbsup.gif

Hi Konying, I can confirm that prostitution in not completely illegal in Thailand.

The problem is that "prostitution" is a broad term that includes brothels, pimping, etc.

To be precise, Thai Law thai law bans all prostitution "business" activities, but not the act of privately selling sex for money.

The here unlinkable newspaper has run a short series of articles written by two Thai lawyers about that question and who basically confirmed that freelance prostitutes cannot be prosecuted for anything except for too obvious solicitation.

And the 'buyer' of sexual services is pretty much in the clear legally, as long as the seller is aged 18 or over.

Yes I did.

Fair point, only one thing you forgot to consider is that act of private sale does start with soliciting one way or another.

So in broad sense it is illegal, certainly not regulated as some like to claim "knowing" the thai lawwai2.gif

Fair point, only one thing you forgot to consider is that act of private sale does start with soliciting one way or another.

So in broad sense it is illegal, certainly not regulated as some like to claim "knowing" the thai law:wai2:

So how do you account for all the legislation that exists to regulate it?

Your understanding of the law is certainly "broad" gigglem.gif

So in broad sense it is illegal, certainly not regulated as some like to claim "knowing" the thai law:wai2:

What legislation? stop trying to wiggle your way out, be man enough to admit you were wrong.

Prostitution is illegal

What happens in private is private matter.

Can she put a sign on the door? No

Can she advertise? No

Can she walk the street and offer the service? No

Furthermore, how many times police send someone in with marked notes and arrest the girl after she accepts the money? Too many.

You stated it was legal but regulated, you are wrong, full stop.

Just as you were wrong about Shisha.

What legislation? stop trying to wiggle your way out, be man enough to admit you were wrong.

Prostitution is illegal

Can she advertise? No

Furthermore, how many times police send someone in with marked notes and arrest the girl after she accepts the money? Too many.

You obviously didn't have time to read the links I posted earlier, detailing some of the legislation that regulates prostitution in Thailand. To make it easier for you, I've copied the key point and highlighted the word "regulated" in red. Hope this helps!

The second law regulating prostitution in Thailand is the Act on Entertainment Places, B.E. 2509 (1966) (the “Entertainment Act”). Massage parlors (excluding parlors providing legitimate massage services), go-go bars, karaoke bars and similar establishments are regulated and required to be licensed by the Entertainment Act.

http://www.thailawforum.com/sex-crimes-in-thailand-part2-2.html

Prostitution is illegal

Can she advertise? No

You obviously didn't have time to read the links I posted earlier, detailing some of the legislation that regulates prostitution in Thailand. To make it easier for you, I've copied the key point and highlighted the word "regulated" in red. Hope this helps!

The second law regulating prostitution in Thailand is the Act on Entertainment Places, B.E. 2509 (1966) (the “Entertainment Act”). Massage parlors (excluding parlors providing legitimate massage services), go-go bars, karaoke bars and similar establishments are regulated and required to be licensed by the Entertainment Act.

http://www.thailawforum.com/sex-crimes-in-thailand-part2-2.html

Flashnews for you sparky, entertainment license is NOT for prostitution, hence the reason why gogo bars and karaoke bars and alike pay huge monthly donations and get raided with girls and managers being arrested

From the same act,"While the Entertainment Act does not expressly permit prostitution"

The penalties under the Prostitution Law become more significant for people who trade in prostitutes and the pimps who mange them. Any person who owns or manages a prostitution establishment or controls a prostitute is subject to imprisonment of three to 15 years and a fine of 60,000 to 300,000 baht. If the prostitution establishment employs underage minors 15 years old or older, the penalty increases to five to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 to 300,000 baht. If the prostitution establishment employs underage minors below 15, the penalty increases to 10 to 20 years in prison and a fine of 200,000 to 400,000 baht.

A person advertising the availability of prostitution services is subject to a prison term of six months to two years, a fine of 10,000 to 40,000 baht, or both. Any person who procures another person for purposes of prostitution is subject to a prison term up to 10 years and a fine up to 200,000 baht, regardless of whether such other person consents or whether the acts relating to such procurement occurred within the borders of the Kingdom of Thailand.

Edited by konying

Flashnews for you sparky, entertainment license is NOT for prostitution, hence the reason why gogo bars and karaoke bars and alike pay huge monthly donations and get raided with girls and managers being arrested

From the same act,"While the Entertainment Act does not expressly permit prostitution"[/size]

The penalties under the Prostitution Law become more significant for people who trade in prostitutes and the pimps who mange them. Any person who owns or manages a prostitution establishment or controls a prostitute is subject to imprisonment of three to 15 years and a fine of 60,000 to 300,000 baht. If the prostitution establishment employs underage minors 15 years old or older, the penalty increases to five to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 to 300,000 baht. If the prostitution establishment employs underage minors below 15, the penalty increases to 10 to 20 years in prison and a fine of 200,000 to 400,000 baht.[/size]

A person advertising the availability of prostitution services is subject to a prison term of six months to two years, a fine of 10,000 to 40,000 baht, or both. Any person who procures another person for purposes of prostitution is subject to a prison term up to 10 years and a fine up to 200,000 baht, regardless of whether such other person consents or whether the acts relating to such procurement occurred within the borders of the Kingdom of Thailand.

You still don't seem to (or want to) understand the meaning of "regulation", and I don't have the patience or the inclination to keep trying to help you.

From the same act,"While the Entertainment Act does not expressly permit prostitution"[/size]

The penalties under the Prostitution Law become more significant for people who trade in prostitutes and the pimps who mange them. Any person who owns or manages a prostitution establishment or controls a prostitute is subject to imprisonment of three to 15 years and a fine of 60,000 to 300,000 baht. If the prostitution establishment employs underage minors 15 years old or older, the penalty increases to five to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of 100,000 to 300,000 baht. If the prostitution establishment employs underage minors below 15, the penalty increases to 10 to 20 years in prison and a fine of 200,000 to 400,000 baht.[/size]

You still don't seem to (or want to) understand the meaning of "regulation", and I don't have the patience or the inclination to keep trying to help you.

It is illegal full stop.

Donations to keep business operating does not make it regulated.

Police bribes does not make it regulated.

Of course you donot have the patience, for some its hard to admit they are wrong.

By the way, no comment on your assertion of shisha being "regulated"?coffee1.gif

It is illegal full stop.

Donations to keep business operating does not make it regulated.

Police bribes does not make it regulated.

Of course you donot have the patience, for some its hard to admit they are wrong.

By the way, no comment on your assertion of shisha being "regulated"?coffee1.gif

I haven't seen the legislation relating to shisha, but I'm quite prepared to admit that my belief about it being regulated was wrong, if someone can post a link to the legislation making it illegal.

There's no point in arguing with you about the regulation of prostitution as you don't understand what "regulation" means.