I am looking for the cheapest international sim card package.

popje

I've been looking everywhere, asked everywhere and I can't find a definitive answer, is there any mobile package that comes with unlimited or cheap international SMS ? I've been looking around and 5 baht per SMS is way too much.

edit: no online phone apps please, I won't have internet.

Edited by popje

You might want to try Line or Viber.

I won't have internet.

You will if you get an internet package for your sim, and if you send a lot of messages it'll work out cheaper than using SMS.

I don't want to use internet

Get a data package on truemove sim, 1gb will do for the month,

download the skype app on your phone/pc, buy a skype international calling package or just put credit on skype, you can also buy a skype number so people can call you local rate too plus receive sms.

p.s from my experience, windows phones seem to have the best skype integration, I have tried skype on Iphones/android and nice enough apps just call quality and the app staying live in the background does not seem as good as the windows phone, I would probably say because windows owns skype they may have put more effort into the integration onit. I know people will say it comes down to your internet signal etc but it is not the case as on all tests I have been sat next to a rooter with 10mb connection, definitely windows phones are best for skype.