Non-imm O Married Visa

Hi,

I just went to Immigration to apply for a one year extention. I had all the required paperwork, but they wanted to see Buddah Wedding Pictures. They gave me a 40 day extention, and then they called yesterday demanding the see the photos ASAP. So I had to rush down there. They looked through the hundreds of photos and took three, and said OK no problem come back on the expire date and we will give you the one year extention.

I would advise anyone who is going to apply to take the photo's with them and avoid the same experience that I went through.

Cheers

Hi,

I just went to Immigration to apply for a one year extention. I had all the required paperwork, but they wanted to see Buddah Wedding Pictures. They gave me a 40 day extention, and then they called yesterday demanding the see the photos ASAP. So I had to rush down there. They looked through the hundreds of photos and took three, and said OK no problem come back on the expire date and we will give you the one year extention.

I would advise anyone who is going to apply to take the photo's with them and avoid the same experience that I went through.

Cheers

I have never heard of that happening before Bob. You must have been unlucky. The Immigration filing system is pretty good, so the pics will be there next year. The request for religious pictures is also inexplicable. The religious ceremony is not any part of the legal process for marriage in Thailand,

I don't think Bob was especially unlucky.

I applied for the renewal of my visa last thuersday (changed from business to Thai wife visa). All my papers were ok, the lady officer in charge was very charming and delightful, but she demanded to see some "marriage" pictures and also some pictures from the condo I live. So it seems commun to ask for some pictures.

WC

PS: By the way, beside the proof of my monthly income, no bank account was required.

I don't think Bob was especially unlucky.

I applied for the renewal of my visa last thuersday (changed from business to Thai wife visa). All my papers were ok, the lady officer in charge was very charming and delightful, but she demanded to see some "marriage" pictures and also some pictures from the condo I live. So it seems commun to ask for some pictures.

WC

PS: By the way, beside the proof of my monthly income, no bank account was required.

The rules seem to vary day by day ... T i T ... :o

Bob & WCA,how much money in a Thai bank did you guys have to show?200,000 or 400,000???When i go i won't forget the wedding photo album and the appartment pictures.Like anything in Thailand,peoples experiences vary from one extreme to the other.(try & smile :o )

As I mentioned, the officer didn't ask me for any bank account, because I have a monthly income (salary). But I could see and also hear to my right, that another falang applied with 200,000 Baht. He was accepted with the remark, that next year the amount will double to 400,000 Baht. The "unkown" falang asked me afterwards about this hike and seemed to be very worried.

WC

I applied in Bangkok where I work and live. It was an extension and change from a business to a Thai wife visa. I don't will give you a number but the monthly salary would more than twice exceed the requirements for a retirement visa. This is the reason why no bank statement was necessary. (I asked the officer)

WC