Store that sells fan parts in Chiang Mai used or new

elgordo38

Looking for a store in Chiang Mai that sells fan parts new or used. We took the fan apart for cleaning and the round black plastic doohinkie that screws on the shaft and holds the blade on broke. Hate to buy a new fan. Trying crazy glue but this part must be torqued tight to hold the blade on so this might not work

Sorry Charlie tried to find the right forum and lost your link old age

The old standby 'Amorn' sells them (and other fan parts.) Take the old one with you for checking as there are several slightly different designs.

They are gone from their Icon location are they anywhere else in Chiang Mai?

super glue applied correctly to plastic parts should be ok as far as torqueing up it just needs to be a snug fit as the thread is of the type that when

it rotates is throws the nut continuously in the tightening rotation i realize a new part would be ideal

I am going to try and super glue it. I have quite a bit of surface to work with. I know you have to torque it a bit to hold the blade on. Any comments on my chances of succeeding.

High probability of success. Gerry is right about snug fit.

I am going to try and super glue it. I have quite a bit of surface to work with. I know you have to torque it a bit to hold the blade on. Any comments on my chances of succeeding.

Super glue it, then wrap some electrical tape around it,to give more strength

worked for me

regards worgeordie

The old standby 'Amorn' sells them (and other fan parts.) Take the old one with you for checking as there are several slightly different designs.

They are gone from their Icon location are they anywhere else in Chiang Mai?

they moved only a short distance North? (towards Doi Suthep). can't miss them.

There is an epoxy putty used to fixed pipes that works very well for things like that. Most superglues here aren't gap filling.

If the fan is Hatari, most department stores have blades and tighteners.

Nayom Panich has a section where they can order parts for all types of electronics also.

"They are gone from their Icon location are they anywhere else in Chiang Mai?"

Must admit that I did not know that Amorn shop had moved.

Very useful place for All sorts of small 'Electrical' items.

john

And make sure you get the right part first time as this miserable company will not change the part if you get it wrong much less give you a refund.

Amorn is now located in the last computer building (called 'Computer City,') west of their previous location. The building has been given a make-over, with a huge red and white sign board over the top. Amorn is on the right side bottom floor as you walk in from the street.

As someone mentioned previously, there is another electronics shop across from Tannin market on the road to Mae Rim which everybody calls Chang Phuak Rd but I think is really named Chotana Rd. It's on the north side corner of the 4 way stop light basically in front of Tannin market. I see a rack of many fan blades in the window.

Sorry late to topic but...

Across the large farmers market which is on Chiang Mai Lamphun road just past riverside condo is a small shop sell everything fan related.

Great for replacement parts/blades etc

Cheap too

So it is across market & same side of the road as riverside condo

row of small shops just walk by & you will see a fan shop

Also a bit further down is a great local style hardware shop that has tons of hardware things

for repairs around the home...if they dont have something you need they will tell you where to get it ;)

Edited by mania