Tropical storm wreaks havoc in Nong Khai

Lite Beer

Tropical storm wreaks havoc in Nong Khai

NONG KHAI, 7 June 2015 (NNT) – A tropical storm wreaked havoc in the northeastern province of Nong Khai where scores of houses were reportedly damaged.

In Phonphisai district, more than 50 houses were badly damaged. Of them, more than 10 houses became completely unlivable, as the storm had blown off their roofs. A villager disclosed last night’s storm was the heaviest disaster he had experienced in his life.

The storm also felled a number of rubber trees covering an area of over 20 rai. Nong Khai’s provincial disaster prevention and mitigation office is estimating initial damage.

The Meteorological Department meanwhile reported the Northeast would continue to experience a cloudy weather and scattered thunder showers in 11 provinces, including Nong Khai.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-07 footer_n.gif

Really feel sorry for these guys who've lost a lot. Will the "good general and his super elite soldiers help them to rebuild their homes?

Why do i have the feeling that this will never happen? But the lottery....blablabla..

Edited by lostinisaan

It is the start of rainy season. I kinda think this is pretty normal, although after last years lack of any real rain people may have forgotten what a normal season is.

This evening has seen a pretty decent amount of rain in Isaan, I'm currently watching a deluge outside, much to the disgust of my cat who seems to think it's my fault she cant go outside for her normal routine!

It is the start of rainy season. I kinda think this is pretty normal, although after last years lack of any real rain people may have forgotten what a normal season is.

This evening has seen a pretty decent amount of rain in Isaan, I'm currently watching a deluge outside, much to the disgust of my cat who seems to think it's my fault she cant go outside for her normal routine!

Where abouts in issan? its a very big place, we need some rain, Phon Pisa area.

My cat is much the same , came in yesterday afternoon at 3.30 , 5 mins later it poured down , I think she can here it coming from a long way off. She too looked at me like it was my fault for the much needed rain. Don't forget GinBoy Dogs have owners ,cats have staff. Must go before this gets removed and sent to scratching post.

A villager disclosed last night’s storm was the heaviest disaster he had experienced in his life...............

.............Climate Change?

bah.gif Climate Change bah.gif . The climate has been changing ever since time began. Wonder how old this villager was, and how long he had lived there? I never experienced a hurricane until I moved to the Gulf Coast. I thought wow, the climate sure has changed! When there is no rain or 'normal' thunderstorms people chatter climate change. When there is a storm or rain oh...it has to be climate change.wai.gif

A villager disclosed last night’s storm was the heaviest disaster he had experienced in his life...............

.............Climate Change?

bah.gif Climate Change bah.gif . The climate has been changing ever since time began. Wonder how old this villager was, and how long he had lived there? I never experienced a hurricane until I moved to the Gulf Coast. I thought wow, the climate sure has changed! When there is no rain or 'normal' thunderstorms people chatter climate change. When there is a storm or rain oh...it has to be climate change.wai.gif

Well said brother, Kudos to ya! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

From Amphur Muang Nong Khai: Last night the wind was for a relatively short time. Much worst yesterday. In the evening soft rain. Heavy rain this morning. Now, 1230 it is cloudy, a bit cooler than yesterday and humid.

I live in MUANG N.K and yes we did have a bit of rain last night and again this morning , but it is rainy season here ?

I've seen more rain in the uk during summertime than we received here last night !