Thai Defense Minister says govt has no intention to stay in power

webfact

Defense Minister says govt has no intention to stay in power

BANGKOK, 8 June 2015 (NNT) - Army Commander General Udomdej Sitabutr has insisted that the current government has no intention to stay in power as rumored.

Army Chief and Defense Minister General Udomdej claimed that the government is considering postponing general elections and extending General Prayut Chan-o-cha’s premiership by two years based on public opinion, until the national reform process is resolved.

He added that the Prime Minister welcomes all suggestions and opinions. General Udomdej said the current government is working under the interim charter and focusing on achieving the goals outlined in the reform roadmap.

The Army Chief claimed as a member of the government, this administration has no intention of staying in power indefinitely. He added the government and the National Council for Peace and Order have been dedicating themselves to Thailand’s prosperity.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-08 footer_n.gif

A conversation from Shakespeare's Hamlet comes to mind ... not sure why.

HAMLET
Madam, how like you this play?

QUEEN GERTRUDE
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

HAMLET
O, but she'll keep her word.

Edited by BMF1960

Dear coronel, you said: "He added the government and the National Council for Peace and Order have been dedicating themselves to Thailand’s prosperity".

let us remind you clearly from the outset that THAT IS NOT THE SOLDIERS ROLE.=Shoemaker to your shoes!!!!

if you and your friends or adepts want "to dedicate to Thailand’s prosperity", do it as businessman or politician but NOT as soldier. let me use an example so you and your circle may understand well: i am a chef by profession (by cooking good quality food, I am provide good health to people). Therefore, if you can switch your role as soldiers, so I can also switch mine, so that I can work as a physician. Would you agree?

Edited by Homeropec

Army chief assures government and NCPO do not seek to perpetuate their powers

8-6-2558-11-02-22-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government and the National Council for Peace and Order will not seek to prolong their stay in power but are ready to listen to divergent views from all sectors of the society, said Deputy Defence Minister and Army Commander-in-Chief General Udomdej Seetabutr on Monday.

The above statement was made in response to recent calls for reforms being implemented before the country goes to the polls to pave the way form the government and the NCPO to stay on for another two years.

General Udomdej said that calls reflected the public appreciation and support of the performance of both the government and the NCPO during the past year.

The government has been in regular meetings with the NCPO and they are fully aware of the intention of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha for the country to move forward, said the army chief.

He insisted the government would strictly abide by the interim constitution and the roadmap unless there is a new situation which requires some adjustments.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-chief-assures-government-and-ncpo-do-not-seek-to-perpetuate-their-powers

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-08

I think General Udomdej possibly is correct , I don't doubt for one minuet they have no intention of staying in power, just that the time line keeps move outwards, I predict first half of 2017 , close enough general. coffee1.gif

Dear coronel, you said: "He added the government and the National Council for Peace and Order have been dedicating themselves to Thailand’s prosperity".

let us remind you clearly from the outset that THAT IS NOT THE SOLDIERS ROLE.=Shoemaker to your shoes!!!!

if you and your friends or adepts want "to dedicate to Thailand’s prosperity", do it as businessman or politician but NOT as soldier. let me use an example so you and your circle may understand well: i am a chef by profession (by cooking good quality food, I am provide good health to people). Therefore, if you can switch your role as soldiers, so I can also switch mine, so that I can work as a physician. Would you agree?

I understand your point of view.

However, one rarely gets a government position based on qualification, or even merit. Positions are doled out to friends and family or bought by cash or favors. That's why this government and the ones before were all inept. No talent. But the entertainment value is high.

If I did not read some of the Bovine Fertilizer in this blog I would not know there was a Junta running the place.

I expect it to take at least two more years to purge the corruption and educate the voters before a fair and impartial election could be had. If you had one today the same "Clowns" would be back to corruption/vote buying as before. It took many years for this all to happen and it will take a few years to straighten out.

Dear General/PM, keep flushing the devise until the water is clear, Thanks, from an eleven year Farang who thinks this a beautiful Country, but with a 18th or before century mind set !!

Edited by gchurch259

Me thinks you are quite full of it, the politicians and corruption is what got us here, they are trying to finish the job from 2006 !!

Edited by gchurch259