songteow from jomtien soi 5 (immigration) to pattaya klang ?

bapoboy

10 baht to Pattaya Klang. 20 baht after that.

Agree that Pattaya Klang as long been the non-official limit for "10 baht from Jomtien",

but I see more and more bahtbus stopping at Central Beach Festival and informing that "if you go farther it will be 20 baht"

A few bahtbus do try the same at Royal Garden...

10 baht to Pattaya Klang. 20 baht after that.

Agree that Pattaya Klang as long been the non-official limit for "10 baht from Jomtien",

but I see more and more bahtbus stopping at Central Beach Festival and informing that "if you go farther it will be 20 baht"

A few bahtbus do try the same at Royal Garden...

I don't believe you're a regular rider. I am and that almost never happens. About the OP the fare is definitely 10 baht.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

10 baht to Pattaya Tai junction, then 10 baht to Pattaya Glang.

That is completely incorrect.

It is 10 baht as far as Pattaya Klang.

What is the motivation to spread false information as you just did?

Some might say it's your opinion.

But I have been paying 10 for that ride consistently and often, so if 10 baht is almost always accepted, this isn't opinion, it is in FACT objective the real fare.

I always pay 10 baht from Jomtien to Central Festival . Just hand over 10 baht and walk away .

Of course, but most of them will also accept 20, 50, or 100 as wellwhistling.gif (if you walk away and don't indicate you expect change).

Exact change is better.

The official pick up point from Pattaya to Jomtien is the Pattaya Tai junction, so it seems reasonable to expect the opposite journey to be the same.

Well that's how they drivers have always explained it to me.

And to be honest, it sounds fair enough to me also.

The official pick up point from Pattaya to Jomtien is the Pattaya Tai junction, so it seems reasonable to expect the opposite journey to be the same.

Well that's how they drivers have always explained it to me.

And to be honest, it sounds fair enough to me also.

Again.

You are simply WRONG about this.

Actual long term expats who take this route all the time KNOW the fare is 10 baht.

The question isn't about how it works in the OPPOSITE direction or what is "fair" or what the ride is actually worth in value.

The question is what fare will almost always be accepted.

The CORRECT answer is 10 baht.

If you want to speak the drivers, go for it.

That's not the smart thing to do. The smart thing is to pay the correct fare, in exact change, and get on with your day (as do the drivers).

Believe me, if/when the correct fare changes it will be well known. Significant numbers of drivers will be rejecting the old fare and credible frequent riders will be getting the word out.

There will probably also be some official "press" reports.

But currently, that is not the case.

The fare again is TEN BAHT.

There will always be people who pay more than the correct fare whether out of ignorance, guilt, concept of "fairness", white man's burden hangups, "tipping", etc.

That's their business.

I have no problem with people overpaying but I do have a big problem with broadcasting FALSE information.

Last year a friend traveled from Jomtien to the @Siam hotel for 10 Baht.

Sure but trust me go much further than Klang and the chances of 10 baht being rejected become significant. Because of that it becomes more of a gray area and arguably 20 is correct.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi. No way I can count the number of threads about this subject,

and the numbers of posts (hundreds?) that Jingthing made to battle for this "10 baht fare",

but the day they will officially announce an increase of this price

I think that Jingthing will have an heart attack rolleyes.gifwink.png

Hi. No way I can count the number of threads about this subject,

and the numbers of posts (hundreds?) that Jingthing made to battle for this "10 baht fare",

but the day they will officially announce an increase of this price

I think that Jingthing will have an heart attack rolleyes.gifwink.png

B.S.bah.gif

I will report on it and encourage that people pay any current CORRECT fare.

Not more and not less.

I give them 20 baht for that trip starting from Jomtien. I think its a great price. I mean come on. You stand in the road, hop on the Toyota, little to no waiting and off you go. can't be much more convenient than that. A fine open air ride from the beach back to your hotel. 10 baht for local in the Pattaya area loop, up and down second road, beach road, soi bukhao, etc.

I give them 20 baht for that trip starting from Jomtien. I think its a great price. I mean come on. You stand in the road, hop on the Toyota, little to no waiting and off you go. can't be much more convenient than that. A fine open air ride from the beach back to your hotel. 10 baht for local in the Pattaya area loop, up and down second road, beach road, soi bukhao, etc.

Wrong its 10 Baht coffee1.gif

Please pay double next time you order beers for one week. good idea Yes/No ? crazy.gif

Your choice of course, but you are overpaying.

Please pay double next time you order beers for one week. good idea Yes/No ? crazy.gif

I never said the price was or should be 10 baht. I simply said what I pay. So replying that it is "wrong" is silly. Jesus, the ride is what, 2, 3 miles? 20 Baht is about 60 cents USA. The driver's profit margin is negligible. Goodness, are you going to get argumentative over 10 baht? As for your words about paying double for beers, that is such a ridiculous generalization that it doesn't even rate being called reductio ad absurdum

That is your opinion. I don;t think I am overpaying. I make the ride once or twice a week when I am in town. Biiiig deal. Consider the 10 baht a tip on top of the fare.

That is your opinion. I don;t think I am overpaying. I make the ride once or twice a week when I am in town. Biiiig deal. Consider the 10 baht a tip on top of the fare.

Nope not my opinion, Fact. Spin it any way you want to.

Of course, if the generally accepted fare is 10 baht and you pay 20, it is indeed a fact that paying 20 is overpaying. The question isn't what people who overpay pay, or what it is worth to people, or what is fair, but what the actual fare is and the definite answer to that is 10 baht.

I never said the price was or should be 10 baht. I simply said what I pay. So replying that it is "wrong" is silly. Jesus, the ride is what, 2, 3 miles? 20 Baht is about 60 cents USA. The driver's profit margin is negligible. Goodness, are you going to get argumentative over 10 baht? As for your words about paying double for beers, that is such a ridiculous generalization that it doesn't even rate being called reductio ad absurdum

Ok.

So 100% tip to the baht bus driver, nice one.

Shame you dont use it 5 times a day. think you would change your mind after a few days.

Tipping the baht bus driver only makes them want more than the correct fare from other people.

you are part of the problem with over charging in pattaya by thease people

Well done.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really care if people want to overpay, but I care if people try to push lies about what the correct fare actually is. As far as "corrupting" drivers ... come on now, the damage is done. They are hustling on the streets for fares; most strongly prefer charter rides.

I don't really care if people want to overpay, but I care if people try to push lies about what the correct fare actually is. As far as "corrupting" drivers ... come on now, the damage is done. They are hustling on the streets for fares; most strongly prefer charter rides.

Ok

They just pissed me off a long time ago.

I will never have a good word for them, to much aggro before.

Archived