Information on frozen food delivery service.

WhoWhenWhyWhat

Greetings,

Does anyone have any information with regards to a service provider that can deliver frozen goods from Udon to Bangkok?

Ideally, it should be the same day delivery or within a 24 hr timeline.

Any leads or info appreciated.Thank you!

Cheers

I get cheese shipped up from Pattaya by bus, seems to be a flat rate of ฿250. Of course I have to meet it at the bus station.

Thanks, George! I very much appreciate it.

However, would you be kind enough to give me some pointers?

I do know where the Bus Station in Udon's at, thus should I walk up to the driver's there or rather, the agent at their office counter to ask if they can do so?

If I have no other alternatives but this, would they accept probably a cooler box filled with dry ice?

Should it be possible, I shall then have someone to receive it in Mor Chit.

But I'm stuck with one problem, the empty cooler must make it's way back to me. Same mode I supposed?

The frequency of the delivery is once a week.

Thanking you and all, in advance for any other suggestions or ideas.

Cheers

Most businesses do NOT return coolers. That cost is built into the price. These guys at the bus terminals are well used to transporting all sorts of shapes and sizes, as long as it is well wrapped/sealed up.

Most businesses do NOT return coolers. That cost is built into the price. These guys at the bus terminals are well used to transporting all sorts of shapes and sizes, as long as it is well wrapped/sealed up.

Seriously? No, I can't do that...it's to costly. Ahh ...unless, you are referring to those styrofoam cooler boxes?

Of course you did...silly me!

Thanks, Dilligad.

Cheers

Probably going to be NackornChaiAir bus company. They are the best. They also have their own bus terminal near to MorChit.

The cost would work out about 275 baht for the largest size foam box. NCA have a limit of 20kgs per box. You will need to factor in the cost of the box as it will likely cost more to get it back than it is worth.

Dry ice is also expensive. To transport 30kgs I would estimate 1000 baht. Your customer then has to get the box from MorChit.

NakhonchaiAir, it is then! Unless, someone came up with information for a service provider with a refrigerated truck.

Thank you...for enlightening me of the cost, weight limit, and factoring it's pros and cons, puchooay!

I truly appreciate it. Once again, many thanks to you!

Cheers

I wish to thank everyone for rendering assistance to me with regards to my post.

I really appreciated all the replies, detailed informations, and the learned advised.

Through my searched online I eventually, found Tohkaiya., Co that's able to provide the services I need.

Once again, my utmost respect and heartfelt gratitude to @DILLIGAD @Isaangeorge @puchooay!

Cheers

Edited by WhoWhenWhyWhat

Hi . Are there salmon farms in Udon ?

Hahaha...no there isn't. I got my fresh premium Atlantic Salmon from, Norway.

Meticulously prepared and smoked by my Norwegian partner here (the best), and caters to our individual clients and restaurants in Isaan.

We are in the process of expanding our reach to the capital and will be fulfilling those new accounts, thus needing the service of a reliable transport and delivery provider. :)

Cheers

Edited by WhoWhenWhyWhat

I get cheese shipped up from Pattaya by bus, seems to be a flat rate of ฿250. Of course I have to meet it at the bus station.

Thanks, George! I very much appreciate it.

However, would you be kind enough to give me some pointers?

I do know where the Bus Station in Udon's at, thus should I walk up to the driver's there or rather, the agent at their office counter to ask if they can do so?

If I have no other alternatives but this, would they accept probably a cooler box filled with dry ice?

Should it be possible, I shall then have someone to receive it in Mor Chit.

But I'm stuck with one problem, the empty cooler must make it's way back to me. Same mode I supposed?

The frequency of the delivery is once a week.

Thanking you and all, in advance for any other suggestions or ideas.

Cheers

WhoWhenWhyWhat. Be very careful when shipping with dry Ice. The cooler will be loaded in the bottom of the bus and dry ice and displaces Oxygen. The buss company may not want to ship it. All airlines have very strict guidelines when shipping with dry ice.

Thanks, for highlighting the dangers of transporting with Dry Ice. Yes, I am aware of.it displacing O2 but sort of forgotten the hazard it could cause if left at the bottom of the bus.

Oxygen + Heat + Tight Space = Recipe for disaster!

Once again, thank you @retiredaamt Cheers