Saraburi man arrested for stealing steel plates from Thai army base

webfact

Saraburi Man Arrested for Stealing Steel Plates from Army Base
By Khaosod English

14337681131433768171l.jpg
Police arrest a man who allegedly tried to steal steel plates from an army base in Saraburi province, 8 June 2015.

SARABURI — Police have arrested a 34-year-old man who allegedly attempted to steal steel plates from an army base in central Thailand this morning.

Police say the theft took place at the Ordnance Department's provincial base in Saraburi's Mueang district at around 6 am today.

Sgt. Komsan Pumpuang, an officer in the Royal Thai Army's engineering corps, said he was jogging for exercise inside the base when he noticed a pick-up truck carrying some steel plates away from a construction site.

"I called the driver to stop, but he drove away," Sgt. Komsan told reporters. He said he then hopped on an army truck to chase down the driver. The officer reportedly caught up with the suspect near Saraburi Rail Station and called police to apprehend him.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1433768113&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-06-09

They do not look like steel.

That's what I was thinking. Also if that's steel plate the man couldn't lift them and if he could that pickup would be sitting on its fanny.

I think those are walking planks for scaffolding, made from wood and having metal ends with hooks to slip over the scaffolding. I think they are covered with untold amounts of paint from being used for painting buildings.

They do not look like steel.

That's what I was thinking. Also if that's steel plate the man couldn't lift them and if he could that pickup would be sitting on its fanny.

I think those are walking planks for scaffolding, made from wood and having metal ends with hooks to slip over the scaffolding. I think they are covered with untold amounts of paint from being used for painting buildings.

A brilliant deduction. I'm Not Sure why the reporter could not arrive at the same conclusion.

Scaffold planks they are then...thumbsup.gif

We may assume the wife ordered him to paint the house.