PM Prayut to tackle street racing by 'Dek Van' seriously

webfact

PM to tackle street racing by 'Dek Van' seriously

6-8-2015-12-11-38-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday vowed to stop street racing by "Dek Van" (underaged motorcycle racers) once and for all after these youths continued to defy law.

The prime minister was upset after recent roundup of over 400 underaged street racers on a city street and more than 200 motorcycles seized. But the next night after the mass roundup, hundreds of these defiant youths returned to the city’s road, closed a several kilometre-long section of Vibhavadi Rangsit to start their crazy street racing but dispersed quickly upon arrival of police.

He said he didn’t understand why the street racing continued despite of police action and mass arrest

The prime minister said he has ordered the Minister of Justice to look into laws to tackle the issue seriously.

He said he has advised that whether their riding licences could be seized or revoked for six months or more.

He also advised the Minister of Social Development and Human Security to arrange training course for these youths.

“I don’t understand why the problem is still ongoing, despite everyone’s warning for them to stop risking their lives racing on the streets. Right now though, I have asked the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security to start giving them some training and coaching. We would also have to look into their licences. I would really like to know if they would be able to survive six months without their bikes. If not, then we do have big problem ahead.”

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-to-tackle-street-racing-by-dek-van-seriously

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-09

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another critical issue tackled. I admire dear leaders priorities. He gave up on the EUs insistence on human trafficking and now he has time to deal with this.

In all fairness, he is bogged down with spitting and nose blowing issues.........hard ones to tackle.

Another critical issue tackled. I admire dear leaders priorities. He gave up on the EUs insistence on human trafficking and now he has time to deal with this.

"Oh, you guys meant human traffic? Sorry, I thought you meant street traffic. My bad."

Pi$$ing in the wind.

Perhaps the only thing that would stop it would be to open up a raceway or dragstrip in every town. Allow them all entry free of charge.

But then, they'd just smash it up for fun and go back to racing on the road.

So in short, there is no solution, just accept it and let Darwinism take it's natural route.

Btw, these dragracers often race for a night with their opponents GF as their personal slave.

Win, and you get the loser's girl for one night to do with as you please.

Lose, and you GF probably won't be speaking to you for a while.

coffee1.gif

Edited by DLang

What a mob of ********* there is posting in TV, would you all be happy if Prayut did SFA -or would a few rice schemes or drug dealer eliminations make you a lot happier. How about getting off your bar stools and actually have a look at what us going on around you.

In all fairness, he is bogged down with spitting and nose blowing issues.........hard ones to tackle.

Perhaps everyone could be issued with a plastic 7-11 nosebag to use instead.

" 'snot what you know, it's how you blow"

He said he has advised that whether their riding licences could be seized or revoked for six months or more.

Yes if underage riders have licences... gigglem.gif

Best way to deal with such an issue is to tell the local police commander to deal with it sharpish, or expect new posting soon (to inactive post).

He really thinks thai teenage boys will listen to so called "authority"?

despite everyone’s warning for them to stop risking their lives racing on the streets

Out of touch my dear general, out of touch

Do you even look at how advertising targets boys and going fast?

Do you even look at effective models from other countries?

But really the q is: Why is this pressing issue, when so many much much bigger ones hang over the countries head?

I think it's a good thing.

Young Thai males are seriously lacking discipline, I'm not sure what can be done to improve it though, except making really bad things happen to them when they don't follow the law.

Perhaps everyone could be issued with a plastic 7-11 nosebag to use instead.

" 'snot what you know, it's how you blow"

Could have been a solution, if our superman hadn't announced yesterday to tackle the 7/11 plastic bag debacle as well.

Man, this guy "tackles" everything. Too bad he doesn't "accomplish" anything.

You and I both know that a lot of the issues that he is "tackling" will not be sorted, fixed or improved overnight ... there needs to be a fundamental shift in Thai attitudes from the bottom to the top before that happens.

Having said that, he's had a much better success rate at cleaning up "some" areas however than any other previous "Government" (or person) in the past few decades or more.

EDIT: I'll go one step further on this and state that it was Thaksin that has completely < deleted > up the Royal Thai Police over the years ... installing his own "yes" men to protect him when he breaks the law and changing them from people to be respected and obeyed, to glorified thugs in uniforms collecting tea money (etc etc) and passing it up the line. THIS is what needs to radically change before anything else is achieved.

Edited by Tatsujin

What a mob of a#seholes there is posting in TV, would you all be happy if Prayut did SFA

No.

I and most Thais would be happy if he simply allowed a democratic election, you know, the type that he and his ilk have lost at the last 4 times of trying, only to then dismantle them because they didn't win.

coffee1.gif

What a mob of a#seholes there is posting in TV, would you all be happy if Prayut did SFA -or would a few rice schemes or drug dealer eliminations make you a lot happier. How about getting off your bar stools and actually have a look at what us going on around you.

SFA....Segmented Flow Analysis? Sodium fluroracetate? Somali Film Agency?

Good job on the name-calling. That always supports an argument well, lol.

Royal Thai Police to crack down on nighttime street racing in 30 days

BANGKOK, 9 June 2015 (NNT) - The Royal Thai Police Chief is planning to take legal action against Facebook pages revealing police nighttime patrol schedules, in an effort to prevent street racing and other crimes.

Police Chief Somyot Pumpanmuang is attending a meeting with 63 units to discuss how to crack down on nighttime street racing. He said Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha expected the problem to be resolved in 30 days.

He said police have recently made the decision to extend their night shift patrols from 24.00 - 04.30 hrs. to 24.00 - 06.00, as motorcycle racers often gather during this time.

General Somyot added that the Royal Thai Police is now considering legal action against those using social media to tip off racers on police checkpoints.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-09 footer_n.gif

What a mob of a#seholes there is posting in TV, would you all be happy if Prayut did SFA

No.

I and most Thais would be happy if he simply allowed a democratic election, you know, the type that he and his ilk have lost at the last 4 times of trying, only to then dismantle them because they didn't win.

coffee1.gif

From street racers to elections in 20.5 seconds. Excellent.

Pi$$ing in the wind.

Perhaps the only thing that would stop it would be to open up a raceway or dragstrip in every town. Allow them all entry free of charge.

So in short, there is no solution, just accept it and let Darwinism take it's natural route.

Btw, these dragracers often race for a night with their opponents GF as their personal slave.

coffee1.gif

So how you found out about this has got to be a great story. Do you race?

Make a public announcement that anyone caught racing will be arrested, their bike impounded and taken to a crusher immediately without recourse. Follow through on the announcement regardless if the parents are "hi-so" or not. The modification on some of these bikes cost tens of thousands of Baht. Let them know there are consequences for their actions. After a few hundred bikes have been crushed they might, just might start getting the message.

Pi$$ing in the wind.

coffee1.gif

So how you found out about this has got to be a great story. Do you race?

No, she dates a racer. whistling.gif

Do not crush the motorcycles, take them to the rural areas were some can not afford a good motorcycle and have them issued out.

Make a public announcement that anyone caught racing will be arrested, their bike impounded and taken to a crusher immediately without recourse. Follow through on the announcement regardless if the parents are "hi-so" or not. The modification on some of these bikes cost tens of thousands of Baht. Let them know there are consequences for their actions. After a few hundred bikes have been crushed they might, just might start getting the message.

This guy couldn't tackle a one legged chook......let alone 400 kids racing motorbikes!

These street racers don't give a fig about the law......and although dumb asses, are still too smart for these lawmakers

Edited by ChrisY1

He said he didn’t understand why the street racing continued despite of police action and mass arrest.

That is easy - there is no respect for the law and no punishment! Even the police are 'transferred" so what example does that set?

The moto could be "You do the crime - you don't do the time"

He said he didn’t understand why the street racing continued despite of police action and mass arrest.

That is easy - there is no respect for the law and no punishment! Even the police are 'transferred" so what example does that set?

The moto could be "You do the crime - you don't do the time"

Depends on the crime though. Say the wrong thing about the wrong person and lord help you.

Call me crazy, but doesn’t the PM have more global issues to deal with?

Isn’t this something the local municipalities and police should be addressing?
This dude is trying to do WAY too much.
Could you imagine the President of the United States or the PM of Great Britain even talking about this stuff?
This guy is going to fail miserably, because he just doesn’t have his eye on the ball.