How/where do you buy an easy pass?

To top up an easy pass card, you can do it in any 7/11...there's a very minor fee. Make sure you get your receipt from 7/11 in case they screwed it up. I've found this a very easy way to top up.

The other way is to stop at a tollway station, get out and pay in their office.

Easiest place to purchase and top up (without having to pay any commission fee) is to use the Easypass office at the PTT Service area on the Bangkok - Bang Na, outbound Expressway after passing the Port and At Narong exits (in that order) and just before you reach Bang Na.

If this isn't a convenient route for you, just use any of the offices immediately after the tool booths. You can also pay to top up at many of the toll booths that say Cash/Top up, those are usually located far left hand side, but don't try it at rush hour or they may tell you, cannot!.

I got mine at one of the Easy Pass offices on Rama IX in Bkk. Quite easy to obtain. Hand them your passport, residents certificate and 1000 baht and they issue you with the devise and load the 1000 baht credit on the unit. There is no monthly payments, just an 1000 baht recovery fee if you loose the transponder unit...

It took me 30 minutes and away I was...... I will add it takes about another hour before your transponder is activated onto the system for use.

Easy Pass can be topoed up by ATM. Select the Transfer menu and you should find Easypass in the list. Enter the Serial Number from the Easypass card supplied with the transponder.

Just found out that the transponder does contain a battery which the maker claims is good for seven years. Mine is four years old and wouldn't work at the toll booth as I exited at Dao Khanong. In the box was a Sergeant Military Policeman (?) who said the battery was probably dead. Now have to stop at a tollway office next time through and find out if they issue replacements FOC. Just wish they would extend the use to the northern section of the East Ring Road but, as it's managed by a different company, not much chance.

Easy Pass can be topoed up by ATM. Select the Transfer menu and you should find Easypass in the list. Enter the Serial Number from the Easypass card supplied with the transponder.

Just found out that the transponder does contain a battery which the maker claims is good for seven years. Mine is four years old and wouldn't work at the toll booth as I exited at Dao Khanong. In the box was a Sergeant Military Policeman (?) who said the battery was probably dead. Now have to stop at a tollway office next time through and find out if they issue replacements FOC. Just wish they would extend the use to the northern section of the East Ring Road but, as it's managed by a different company, not much chance.

Thanks for the heads up on the battery, mine are all from the original release date so I would rather have the battery done before I'm the car being cursed as I'm reversing out of the Easy Pass lane

I obtained my Easy Pass at the office next to Tha Ruea (Port) toll gate. I put it in in my wife's name as I didn't have my passport handy. Also, I have linked my Easy Pass to my Thai credit card so I simply SMS "500" or "1000" to a mobile number and my card is topped up in a few seconds and the amount charged to my credit card + a nominal service fee. Simple. I did this from their website.

Edited by Wiggy

I load mine via BKK Bank online banking easy peasy.

Got the unit from the office next to the 10 Baht toll heading north out of BKK, registered in Wifey's name (didn't have my passport).

Must be nearly 9 years ago, I expect the battery is going to die soon sad.png