FIFA Women's World CUP 2015

The Thailand women's team is a joke, they were lucky to lose only 4-0 to Norway.

The Germans won 10-0, needless to say they're a juggernaut.

Nigeria stunned Sweden with a 3-3 tie.

The Americans trounced the Aussies 3-1.

Fun World Cup so far. Who are you all rooting for?

I was looking for a discussion thread on the Women's World Cup, but maybe the best way to start off a good discussion in a Thailand forum is not to call the Thai women a joke - they have a tremendous disadvantage in terms of size and financial support, and I admire them for putting their work and discipline into something they know will not end well.

But to answer the OP's question, I am an American but I am rooting for Japan - they are small (except for the goalie - she is a giant!), but are quick and very disciplined. I think a final four with a team from Germany, US, Japan, and a longshot of your choice, would be great.

Cheers.

Of all the countries sporting women's soccer teams, Thailand's team actually made it to the Women's World Cup. That must mean that they aren't as bad as the OP thinks them to be. I wonder if the OP could play as well as the women?

Btw, the Thai team plays again today, June 11, at approximately 23:00 UTC, against Ivory Coast.

Edited by Gumballl

Did anyone see the Thailand - Ivory Coast match? - a great match to watch. i am here in the US and maybe some in Thailand have not watched it so I will not give away the result. But very entertaining match to watch - even ESPN said so, therefor it must be true!

Edited by californiabeachboy