Family found dead in apparent murder-suicide in Bangkok

webfact

How on earth could someone in their right mind shoot their children like that poor kids never had a chance on life, he must have been mental or high on yaba or alcohol .... hope the kids and wife RIP, a very sad ending indeed.

If you ever read news outside of Thailand, you will see, this is quite a common occurrence in the United States. Sadly, a number of such incidents happen which is rather uncommon in Thailand.

RIP poor kids !

And nothing will happen again,

and who is the real MURDER ???

Its our GVTs which bring their people in such situation,

that they get locked up, without any help,

to find only this solution !!

The Gvt people should go for such things live long to Bangkok Hilton !!

RIP to this Family, my condolences to their families and friends. Being out of work is not

fun for anybody, anywhere in the world. In Thailand to lose your face in this situation is horrible, and most of us Farangs do not yet understand how much this affects the people in Thailand. This fellow

maybe did not know how to speak English, so a job somewhere like a 7/11 is impossible.

Even getting a lot of jobs in Bangkok and to survive, wit a decent wage is very hard to do.

I have seen labourers doing construction and getting paid very little, and barely able

to survive, let along make a living that they can support their family.

I knew a Thai family in Phuket, where the wife started gambling, and then ran off to the

north of the country as she had borrowed money from her friends, then family, then stole

her husbands money from his little bar/café, at the end she borrowed money from the mafia.

After she had left Phuket, her husband and mother were threatened by the mafia to pay

them back for her debts. The mafia gave up when this man contacted his relatives in the

government and police force, who let the mafia know that they would lose many of

their members if this guy was threatened again. Life is hard in Thailand, and can be

especially hard for the Thai people who do not have the kind of support that us

Farangs take for granted, like nice pensions, etc. This is not the time for Thai bashing

but is the time to have sympathy for those who died, and everyone who is affected by

this tragic end of this family of four.

Stargeezer

CRIME
Financial crisis suspected to be cause of family tragedy

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Relatives of four family members found dead early on Sunday say foul play was not suspected. Financial problems were very likely the motive behind the breadwinner's decision to shoot his wife, their two children and himself, an ongoing police investigation suggested.

"There's no sign of fighting or rummaging at their house and I knew that the family was in financial trouble," Saengtawan Tiwongrorakul, the dead man's uncle, said yesterday.

He showed up at Siriraj Hospital to pick up the bodies of his nephew, the latter's wife and two children.

Saengtawan said his nephew started his own business five years ago but ran into financial problems.

"In addition to borrowing money from relatives, he also mortgaged his house and with default was about to lose the property," Saengtawan said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Financial-crisis-suspected-to-be-cause-of-family-t-30261982.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-10

How on earth could someone in their right mind shoot their children like that poor kids never had a chance on life, he must have been mental or high on yaba or alcohol ..... hope the kids and wife RIP, a very sad ending indeed.

More likely serious financial problems or a pending divorce.

Ed: Just saw the financial cause article. Nothing unusual there. Same thing happens in the west.

Edited by geriatrickid

The BKK Post said he had been out of work for three years, but drank with his friends at a near-by grocery store.

I will never understand some men. Out of work, but money to drink, I guess wife worked. This is very sad, but more typical of the way some deal with their problems. How can you be out of work when 7/11 hires all the time, construction laborers needed all the time. I would not feel sorry for him, but do for wife and children !! God Bless them or who ever they believed in, at any rate we are all God's creatures.

I am not one of god's creatures. So don't say I am.

Edited by Wiggy

Wow people still managing to get sly digs to the Thais/Thailand over this. Like this never happens ANYWHERE else in the world.W

Why do you people come to/live/post on a Thaivisa board if you seemingly look down on them so much?

R.I.P. poor wife and kids

Coward, drugs, alcohol.... Possibly true, but... many times these situations are the result of very serious mental issues - schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, etc. - that overwhelm a person who cannot get the proper help. This can also explain the problems with employment. Tragic, and often avoidable with proper assistance. Feel so sorry for the innocent children and wife.

How on earth could someone in their right mind shoot their children like that poor kids never had a chance on life, he must have been mental or high on yaba or alcohol ...hope the kids and wife RIP, a very sad ending indeed.

If you ever read news outside of Thailand, you will see, this is quite a common occurrence in the United States. Sadly, a number of such incidents happen which is rather uncommon in Thailand.

I agree that the individual who apparently did this, if true, was reprehensible, but this sort of thing is far more common in farang land than Thailand.

Interesting how many posters insist on withholding judgement in any situation that involves a farang ("there's more to this story"), but rush into making disparaging comments about all Thai males based on conjecture regarding a single incident "reported" by the paragon of impartial news reporting, Coconuts.

Certainly hypocritical when considering how many farang come to Thailand for reasons that hardly warrant pontificating about moral superiority.

Very good post. clap2.gif

The BKK Post said he had been out of work for three years, but drank with his friends at a near-by grocery store.

I will never understand some men. Out of work, but money to drink, I guess wife worked. This is very sad, but more typical of the way some deal with their problems. How can you be out of work when 7/11 hires all the time, construction laborers needed all the time. I would not feel sorry for him, but do for wife and children !! God Bless them or who ever they believed in, at any rate we are all God's creatures.

I am not one of god's creatures. So don't say I am.

Would you have had the same reaction if they said "it was the work of the devil" ?

There are a hundred ways to earn money for your family, if you are a real man, and you are motivated to behave like one. Cleaning windows is a sure fire business for anyone out of work. Nearly any establishment would pay 100 baht to have their windows cleaned. It can be done in an hour or less. Three jobs a day, and he is making enough to feed his family. What a sad sack of a man to not be able to come up with anything. Sounds like he was not making much of an effort. What a waste. His poor family. What can one say? His wife was not very talented when it came to choosing a man.