looks like b4 he got married he was given bad advice

whiteman

I am not this person who asked the lawyer below I am just posting his question out there so people can see how one thinks one thing in Thailand but in truth it is never that way. Maybe if he bought the house after marrage but then again this is thailand so maybe even then he could be shaffted.

Hello,

12 years ago, i bought a house with a land 5M THB before to get married with my thai wife and i signed with her a 30 years leasing contract (wrote on chanote title). So now we are married and i’ll sell the property around 10M. With this money i would like to buy a new property around 5M for my wife and save 5M for me. How i could do to secure it ? I mean i don’t want to share this 5M later in case of divorce. What kind of investment i can do to save my asset? What’s solution for me ? Only send back the money to my country in Europe ?

Big thanks for your help smile.png

#2 icon_share.pngSomsak Lawyer

Lawyer

• photo-thumb-204777.jpg?_r=1395290169
  • Sponsors
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 2015-06-02 23:46:39

Firstly, you say you bought the house/land before marriage which means the property belongs to your wife. You only have a claim if it was bought within the marriage. She leased it to you (probably for 30 years) but that doesn't make you the owner. Therefore you cant sell the property - it's not yours.

Your lease is secure but any sale is in your wife's hands. You are not entitled to anything. You cant secure any money from the sale as it simply is not yours.

Edited by whiteman

If the lawyer answered you, why ask the question again? You do not own the property, you are leasing it.

"""" my response was before above post was edited with clarification""'''

Edited by Rooo

I am not asking I am saying this dude must have been given bad advice b4 he got married I am not this guy I am just showing how things go in Thailand. Sorry if I did not make it clear when I posted this guys question b4