metal work and fabrication for custom bike parts (whats the quality like ect ect)

right sent a few emails to some companies and getting no luck (probably not taking me seriously) looking to get frame and fenders made up in Thailand. i want a 37 inch rake softtail chopper frame with mounts for a 1200 Harley sportster engine its your classic stretched out chopper with tear drop tank that i am after, and shipping back to England. im interested in off the shelf kits/rolling chasis to if they are out there. dose any one know what prices are like and the quality of workmanship. im not interested in the engine because i just know that the drive train components and electrical are going to be cheaper here plus using an already approved engine for the build saves headaches from the iva tests and registration. im actually staying in phuket so if you know any bike builders to recommend please do so as it looks like there are a few builders near the villa in aroonpat villa village/complex where i am staying thank you.

Edited by chris55566

Its not clear from your post if you have a frame that you will use as a base, or if you expect the fabricator to make it from sratch. I'm thinking that this would be quite a difference.

I am using a local machine shop for fabrication / modification of small parts for my project, but it's mainly milling / grinding / boring and cutting. No welding.

Quality is good so far, but they are in Bangkok and I'm really not sure if they are suitable for what you want. They are not a custom bike company, just a small machine shop.

If you want details I will share them, one of the guys there speaks enough English so that, with sketches, I get what I want.

something like that overandout a frame kit (bike in the box like big bear) or a frame fabricated and welded up from scratch. im guessing it would be cheaper for the frame to be made in Thailand due to lower labour costs and taxes. papa i meant the components cheaper in england than phuket sorry if i did not make that clear, i cant imagine imported Harley Davidson components are cheaper in Thailand as i have read alot about high import taxes. the idea is to get a complete Harley Davidson sportster or similar then gut it and transfer everything electrical and mechanical on to the chopper frame

not that challenging a quest. this is basically what i am after http://store.bigbearchoppers.com/devils-advocate-prostreet-frame/?page_context=category&faceted_search=0 obviously tho i want the swing arm as well and to have mounts for a Harley engine and parts not S&S most bike builders should be able to handle it.

Glad to hear project will not be overly challenging.

Let us know results.

one frame its for my own personal build don mega do you have some suggestions on who to ask.will do papa if work hadn't altered my shifts i would have done my third year by now and be a fully qualified motorcycle mechanic. i contacted richo said about importing not building unfortunately. if im going to import from the usa, might as well just import straight to the uk but please keep the suggestions coming a custom bike is more interesting than a custom suit any day

one frame its for my own personal build don mega do you have some suggestions on who to ask.will do papa if work hadn't altered my shifts i would have done my third year by now and be a fully qualified motorcycle mechanic. i contacted richo said about importing not building unfortunately. if im going to import from the usa, might as well just import straight to the uk but please keep the suggestions coming a custom bike is more interesting than a custom suit any day

with help from TV pundits, what could go wrong?

Not based in Thailand, but you could check out Malibu Motorcycle Works in USA as they have a huge selection of custom rolling chassis including for sportsters. Prices were reasonable when I checked it out a few years back.

Seem to remember in BKK and the Pattaya area some quality one-off custom frame makers, both for HD and large Jap bikes. I mean serious talent. exactly where and who, no idea...

In BKK, there was a guy called Thor who trained in USA...he had a website but i cant recall the url

Seem to remember in BKK and the Pattaya area some quality one-off custom frame makers, both for HD and large Jap bikes. I mean serious talent. exactly where and who, no idea...

In BKK, there was a guy called Thor who trained in USA...he had a website but i cant recall the url

their website is down but you can check out their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ThorChopsKustoms

Edited by mike324

cool ill send emails to thor and malibu (why do these guys never put prices down on there website's). papa never mention orange county tv shows to me again or the like there so full of crap i dont know where to begin mad.gif. plus im trying to keep my lunch down

cool ill send emails to thor and malibu (why do these guys never put prices down on there website's). papa never mention orange county tv shows to me again or the like there so full of crap i dont know where to begin mad.gif. plus im trying to keep my lunch down

Probably better to phone Thor, i emailed him years ago and never got a reply.

Edited by saorsa