Motorcycle Drivers License Expired--Grace Period?

PC800

Does anyone know what happens when you are LATE in renewing your motorcycle driver's license. Is there a grace period to avoid taking the written and road test again? How late can you be? I am referring to Pattaya, just in case it's not the same in all offices.

Thanks for that. I looked up on the Thai Department of Land Transport Office.

Dilligad, you are right. If less than a year no tests at all. If more than a year, you must take the theory (written test). If more than 3 years, you also have to take the road test.

• 2 weeks later...

I renewed my license 3 years ago and got 6 years. I was on time. It was explained to me by someone at that time that they were in the process of adjusting the expiration dates to match your date of birth. Not sure if that was true, or it's still going on.

I renewed my license 3 years ago and got 6 years. I was on time. It was explained to me by someone at that time that they were in the process of adjusting the expiration dates to match your date of birth. Not sure if that was true, or it's still going on.

Agreed, though I didn't exactly get 6 years. I just looked at my licenses and both of them were issued the same day in December 2011 and both expire on my birthday in April 2017 smile.png

Edited by Garry