Prayut 'committed' to road map to democracy

webfact

he wouldn't recognize democracy even if it were camouflaged as a tank... coffee1.gif

Would not expect any other reply from you, same old stuff, not wanting to know, no matter what happens here,improvements or whatever, better you have PTP style democracy it worked wonders, Thats why we are in the hole now trying to get out.

if you was not a PTP lover---then for gods sake give the PM some time, Is negative your only stance ?? lets get sorted first, were only 1 year in battling the aftermath, together with the bad world economic situ.

I live in RED (was red) area, and life is far better now---so keep having your ELECTION grumble, military out stance. ha ha ha let it go go with the flow.

incoherency is one of your strong points.

he wouldn't recognize democracy even if it were camouflaged as a tank... coffee1.gif

Would not expect any other reply from you, same old stuff, not wanting to know, no matter what happens here,improvements or whatever, better you have PTP style democracy it worked wonders, Thats why we are in the hole now trying to get out.

if you was not a PTP lover---then for gods sake give the PM some time, Is negative your only stance ?? lets get sorted first, were only 1 year in battling the aftermath, together with the bad world economic situ.

I live in RED (was red) area, and life is far better now---so keep having your ELECTION grumble, military out stance. ha ha ha let it go go with the flow.

My life hasn't changed at all really, different for many Thais I would say, They cannot show any descent or even speak of opposition to the Junta. I think we'd find that pretty frustrating if that happens in our country and foreigners were saying "Things have got better"

Got news for you, EP, "many" Thais have no idea what is happening politically in this country, and many of them would have little reason to show any descent to the Junta, and do you know why ? The bloody junta has not done anything to turn their lives upsidedown !

You probably know a lot more than 95% of the population when it comes to politics. Or do you think rice farmers walk around all day with their noses jammed into the political section of The Nation or the BKK Post ?

There are certain things I am not allowed to say in my country, things that could get me into big trouble. But guess what ? Just because something is forbidden does not mean I have to say it.

It must kill the anti-junta crowd on this forum to know that the majority of their crap falls on deaf ears, that there are actually Thai people out there that are ok with the way things are at the moment.

Not everyone has to have innocent people being killed on the streets by paid terrorists to be happy politically. thumbsup.gif

Yes, bawana. It's a good thing you're here to protect the ignorant natives.

Edited by rijb

My life hasn't changed at all really, different for many Thais I would say, They cannot show any descent or even speak of opposition to the Junta. I think we'd find that pretty frustrating if that happens in our country and foreigners were saying "Things have got better"

Got news for you, EP, "many" Thais have no idea what is happening politically in this country, and many of them would have little reason to show any descent to the Junta, and do you know why ? The bloody junta has not done anything to turn their lives upsidedown !

You probably know a lot more than 95% of the population when it comes to politics. Or do you think rice farmers walk around all day with their noses jammed into the political section of The Nation or the BKK Post ?

There are certain things I am not allowed to say in my country, things that could get me into big trouble. But guess what ? Just because something is forbidden does not mean I have to say it.

It must kill the anti-junta crowd on this forum to know that the majority of their crap falls on deaf ears, that there are actually Thai people out there that are ok with the way things are at the moment.

Not everyone has to have innocent people being killed on the streets by paid terrorists to be happy politically. thumbsup.gif

You are probably right Mikemac, I cant recall who said it but there's a saying/quote from the UK in the seventies" Give a working class labour man a car and a colour TV and he'll be voting conservative at the next election".

I'm sure many rural or poor Thais don''t give a shit about freedom of speech or democracy. Principles mean nothing when you are living hand to mouth you cannot eat principles.However I find it hard to take that people from more enlightened and developed countries agree or condone the condescending suppression of these people's right to vote in an attempt to improve their lot, whoever they vote for, however naive that may be..I am not pro Junta or Pro Thaksin and his red shirts, I am pro Democracy

Edited by ExPratt

Good for you---if life hasn't changed----why is it different for MANY Thais ?? many meaning a good few ??? no one at all is jailed or put to brain washing methods UNLESS they be extreme persons---please do not try to give a completely false impression here-----it is people like you that are anti PM that land in trouble, constructive criticism is fine......But you will come up with the odd isolated incident to back up your propaganda----get real things are never perfect in any country, why are you bashing for the sake of it.

"Things are never perfect in any country". So why carry out a coup replacing a less than perfect elected government with a less than perfect junta?

• 1 year later...