Portable Generator?

burnalot

Hey there,
Outside of "Big C" does anyone know where I can get a portable 2.5 KW (or more) generator?

The models offered at Big C are name brands that I've never heard of, and although cheap, I'm fairly pessimistic about how long they will last.

Treatment

Thankfully, we're no longer in need of portable generators, but in the U.S. we needed several for our business. Honda generators were good. Do they have them here in Thailand? You'd think so, since they sell Honda cars.

Portable Generators, you may want to have a look at this place: 'Montre Machine Tools', (though its not written in English)...... They are a Honda Agent.

I was looking a the Generators just two days ago in there, with a power cut every time it rains in Mae Taeng I've been considering my options on power supply. I ended up buying a Honda lawn mower.......go figure!

Where is it...... Its at the junction of 'Superhighway' and the 107,.... Its on the corner, left side, if you are driving from lotus Tesco. There are mowers and strimmers hanging up outside.

If your driving, you can park inside the shop area....As you cross the junction on the 107, (heading towards town) slow down there is a small turning into the premises, with a 'whistle wielding'..... Hand wave car guide stood there....

Good luck and please post again if you get one with details........ I'm still thinking about getting one>

• 3 months later...

I know that Roadsters wouldn't charge on generators. I haven't heard about any Tesla tests. I would think that the car wouldn't like the unsteady power due to changing loads on a household generator.

When the power goes out and I know it is only a few hours I'll go sit in the Tesla, and keep warm. It was the only way I could send out mail on one occasion. We only use the generator if we are out more than 12 hours.

We'll run out of generator gas long before we run out of battery power in the Tesla. We keep a lot of generator gas on hand too. By the time we run out, the gas stations run out too.

post-246063-0-28363300-1442816628_thumb.