religious day / event tomorrow

dave2

all round the moat and on the corners these tents have been put up for something thats supposed to be hapening tomorrow morning

ive checked my friend google for thai events tomorrow but came up with zilch so does anyone know what its all about / for ?

and why is a wraped up little package hanging from a string above every seat

dave2

ps ... im not getting religion .... im just curious :)

post-42592-0-97303400-1433929529_thumb.j

Lots of young monks everywhere. Thai friend I was with today says it's something to do with "good luck".

Edit: might add while out today we saw a few young boys "farang novice monks" as well. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Edit again: just saw this on facebook

"FYI - tomorrow is Chiang Mai's birthday (718th). Therefore there will be booths, shows and monk prayers in the following locations: 4 corners of the old town, 5 gates and at the Three King's Monument. At around 9am fireworks will go off to signal the start of prayers. Buddhist monks are going to pray by the corners and gates until around 11am.
Should be pretty special! Just thought I would share as I think most people haven't heard."

Edited by elektrified

re

"FYI - tomorrow is Chiang Mai's birthday (718th). Therefore there will be booths, shows and monk prayers in the following locations: 4 corners of the old town, 5 gates and at the Three King's Monument. At around 9am fireworks will go off to signal the start of prayers. Buddhist monks are going to pray by the corners and gates until around 11am.
Should be pretty special! Just thought I would share as I think most people haven't heard."

wow thumbs up for that ef

great info thanks for that but it means i have to go out early to get some pics !

dave2

post-42592-0-53806700-1433943426_thumb.j

ef

your next chalenge is to find out <deleted>

is in the wrapped package hanging from the white string above every seat ,,, whats in it ... and why its there ?

just joshin ... dave2

pic ... suan prung gate tent two hours ago !

post-42592-0-95138000-1433955866_thumb.j