"Rush to the scene"

BngkkB

In every news story I have read where something bad happened the news article will say something about Thais "Rushing" to the scene.

"Police were notified and Rushed to the scene"

"When front desk staff were told a friend had not been seen for two days the front desk clerk Rushed to the room"

I have been in Thailand for a while and I haven't seen a lot of "Rushing" "Russians" yes but not much "Rushing". Then again I imagine that there is an unwritten rule that the first to arrive at an unpleasant scene gets first pick of what the victim will not be using anymore?

On the other hand when the news article is about a hit and run they never use the word "Rushed" but maybe they should.

"Boat hits British couple, driver of boat Rushed to get help, not finding anyone the driver Rushed home"

I find it a bit funny that "Rush" is used in news articles where it may not actually be the exact word needed but not used when more appropriate.

Maybe the translation has been lost over the years....

'Rush' I feel now means first on the scene, as in; Police 'rushed' to the scene of the alleged murder, only to fine a badly decomposed body, and had nothing positive to point at....Photos to follow.

Edited by Tonto21