Bars/Clubs good to go alone?

Cinderella Man

I really can recommend the SAXOPHONE PUB at Victory Monument. Great atmosphere there, different kinds of music because the live bands always changing and no hookers. The ladies (guests) there are working women and if you are friendly and polite it's easy to get in contact with them. But if you are into student chicks (like @ RCA), then this is not your place.

• Like 1

Insanity, soi 12...not far from you, House, Hip hop, etc, surely you've been there already?

No, because from what I read there is pretty much 100% working girls.

Too many Changs, LOL, dont touch the stuff, had you said Fullers London pride I may have agreed.

You may wish to check out places such as, Brown Sugar or Saxaphone.

Hehe good choice! Will check out those places.

Not sure what you want - to meet women who are not hookers, to meet male pals or both.

A place where not everyone sits at tables with their friends. Ideally with music I like the most (EDM) and without hookers.

Nothing against them, I just wouldn't do it because I can't get over the feeling someone would be with me for $$ and not because she likes me. Not to mention the risk of developing feelings for someone doing this kind of gigs is not worth it.

Demo in Thong Lo might be closer to what you're after. EDM and not so farang heavy. Do Not Disturb is meant to be similar but I've not been there so have no idea.

Heard about Demo. Sounds like a place worth checking out.

Although it's far away, Khao San is probably the best 'solo place where you don't stand out and don't get chased by hookers'.

Agree, I met quite a few there and also easy to talk with other tourists.

If you don't want to be picked up,hit on,dress down,look like your broke,they don't want to be around A bum.

True, I was traveling just with carry-on for quite some time... After settling in BKK I bought some expensive Thai brand jeans, shirts, leather shoes and the amount of interested increased by 10-fold at least:)

Take lots of baht...be prepared to pay for extra drinks you did not order...if the girls start raising their glasses to salute you it is because you just unknowingly both them all drinks...

better to go with someone who knows the ropes going out on your own can be dangerous these girls are predators on the lookout for young looking farangs be very careful.

Personal experience or a story from a friend of friend? I read so much sh*t talk about Thai girls before I came to Thailand (I like to do my research) ... And after 4 months I can not say a single bad word. Quite the opposite.

Anyway I'm always careful.

About a week ago a Japanese themed club, Pasela, just opened up next door to me. The owner, all staff, and most of the customers are Japanese. They have annoying karaoke (the Japanese simply love karaoke when drunk), the food is average (at 160thb), the drinks overpriced (all beer over 100thb), BUT! they have cute 100% imported Japanese Bunnygirls that speak decent English. Bunnygirls!!! They don't bother me unless I approach them, and I can talk to them about my day and stuff that's troubling my itty bitty little mind without having to buy them a drink or pay a fee. It's like having my own personal shrink next door, even if I buy 5 beers (500thb) it's still cheaper than visiting my professional shrink who charges 500thb for 30 minutes. So, it's currently my favorite watering hole, whenever I need talk to somebody.

Sounds interesting. I tried to Google it and nothing. Don't even know what exactly "bunnygirls" means smile.png)

I really can recommend the SAXOPHONE PUB at Victory Monument. Great atmosphere there, different kinds of music because the live bands always changing and no hookers. The ladies (guests) there are working women and if you are friendly and polite it's easy to get in contact with them. But if you are into student chicks (like @ RCA), then this is not your place.

Second recommendation for the Saxophone, thanks!smile.png

So far..................

RCA - Route66

Khaosan

Demo

and Saxaphone

Take lots of baht...be prepared to pay for extra drinks you did not order...if the girls start raising their glasses to salute you it is because you just unknowingly both them all drinks...

Only those hopelessly unable to

control their alcohol intake in

gogo bars need be concerned

about this crap and the OP isn't

looking for places like that.

• Like 1

Insanity, soi 12...not far from you, House, Hip hop, etc, surely you've been there already?

INSANITY can be found all over Bangkok, not just in any particular Soi 12..... rolleyes.gif

I know that, but if you read where he lives, it is quite close...read my post again, then wind your neck in!!!

It was originally Insomnia, ok? Been there, done that, didnt buy the teeshirt though....by the way, there's one in Pattaya too, in walking street, if you didnt already know...I thank you

I went to RCA yesterday. Definitely a good place to go alone hehe

Took me maybe 15 minutes to befriend two tables of Thais. Although they are quite dangerous, one girl poured so much vodka into my Long Island Ice Tea that I can hardly remember rest of the night.

• Like 1

Took me maybe 15 minutes to befriend two tables of Thais. Although they are quite dangerous, one girl poured so much vodka into my Long Island Ice Tea that I can hardly remember rest of the night.

which club?

i will try rca alone :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

talk about how you did it

Try route 66 @ rca

Its packed full of thai student girls and ladyboys are banned from entering since last year I believe

I never knew Route66 now have 90% foreigners. Sure, there has become a sh*tload of them going there which sucks since a few years ago, but I haven't been there in only 2 months. Didn't know it changed that much! blink.png lol.

In all honestly, there's probably nowhere with 90% foreigners which the OP wants. If you want lots of foreigners go to Levels or one of the clubs which will have hookers in it.

You are going to find it hard finding solo women or groups that aren't hookers bar/massg/karaok/freelc etc and the fact that all your friends so far are women is evidence of that. Try dawan daeng or Thai music bar/reataurants on petchaburi road for all female birthday parties. Just buy a bottle and mixers and move around a bit. They will usually join you in but the music is crap. You probably wont find a decent girl in an electronic or hip hop club that isn't eithr freelancing or partying after her day job of servicing clients and or off her face on yaa baa/yaa ice. There's probably an even lesser chance meeting any if you know little or no Thai. Good luck anyways

The problem with BKK is there are no good hip hop clubs around. They need something like an 808 or Flexx from Pattaya. Good music, girls with good boobs/ass thumbsup.gif

Wow how are you going solo to Saxophone Pub to pick up chicks? I always saw it as a place to hang out with friends & listen to some Jazz or bring a date there. Doesn't look like a pickup joint to me. Maybe things have changed since a year or so ago??

You are going to find it hard finding solo women or groups that aren't hookers bar/massg/karaok/freelc etc and the fact that all your friends so far are women is evidence of that. Try dawan daeng or Thai music bar/reataurants on petchaburi road for all female birthday parties. Just buy a bottle and mixers and move around a bit. They will usually join you in but the music is crap. You probably wont find a decent girl in an electronic or hip hop club that isn't eithr freelancing or partying after her day job of servicing clients and or off her face on yaa baa/yaa ice. There's probably an even lesser chance meeting any if you know little or no Thai. Good luck anyways

The problem with BKK is there are no good hip hop clubs around. They need something like an 808 or Flexx from Pattaya. Good music, girls with good boobs/ass thumbsup.gif

For someone who obviously doesn't know much you have a hell of a lot to say.

What do you think Sugar Club and Mixx are if not hip hop clubs?

There are NO decent bars OR clubs in Bangkok where you won't be hassled or ripped off some way or another. Not one. Zilch. Nada. Period. The music they play in Bangkok nightclubs is complete rubbish. DJs think they are DJs just because they have an illegally downloaded MP3 playlist on their old laptop. They have no musical taste or knowledge. Almost any Asian city is better for nightclubbing than Bangkok. You'll hear terrible music, played so loud you can never have a conversation, people do not even know how to dance, most of the women are ladies of the night or not even women at all, they will overcharge you deliberately for drinks as a falang, and then if you dare to complain, or have an argument with any of the women or fake women who are hassling you, you have a risk of being badly beaten up by braindead gangsters they employ as "security". Bangkok truly has the worst clubbing scene in the world.

• Thanks 1

There are NO decent bars OR clubs in Bangkok where you won't be hassled or ripped off some way or another. Not one. Zilch. Nada. Period. The music they play in Bangkok nightclubs is complete rubbish. DJs think they are DJs just because they have an illegally downloaded MP3 playlist on their old laptop. They have no musical taste or knowledge. Almost any Asian city is better for nightclubbing than Bangkok. You'll hear terrible music, played so loud you can never have a conversation, people do not even know how to dance, most of the women are ladies of the night or not even women at all, they will overcharge you deliberately for drinks as a falang, and then if you dare to complain, or have an argument with any of the women or fake women who are hassling you, you have a risk of being badly beaten up by braindead gangsters they employ as "security". Bangkok truly has the worst clubbing scene in the world.

You're right if you're only looking at the tourist traps around Sukhumvit.

Those places don't care about music - the idea is to create an environment conducive to getting pissed and meeting a prostitute

Great place for house & techno heads is Beam in Thonglor - serious sound system, good dancefloor and, when the right DJ is on, pound for pound best club in BKK hands down. Sadly only goes until 2am

Ce la vie (formerly Ku De Ta) is ok. Bit more upscale but popular with Singaporean and HK chicks

I'm sure others know more

I sure do know Sugar plays hip hop but all the times I've been there it's been a hole. Small club, not a good setup either. Last time I went there ages ago it's a 500 baht entry rip off, unless you were at Levels when they occasionally give wrist bands for free entry.

Mixx - half side hip hop, other side smoking section full of crap music. Some good tunes a number of times in the hip hop side.

Both Sugar & Mixx are 99% full of hookers & ugly hookers too. If that's what you call "good "hip hop clubs" then your standard and mine about the club, music played & chicks/patrons who go there are way different wink.png

Edited by bbi1

I sure do know Sugar plays hip hop but all the times I've been there it's been a hole. Small club, not a good setup either. Last time I went there ages ago it's a 500 baht entry rip off, unless you were at Levels when they occasionally give wrist bands for free entry.

Mixx - half side hip hop, other side smoking section full of crap music. Some good tunes a number of times in the hip hop side.

Both Sugar & Mixx are 99% full of hookers & ugly hookers too. If that's what you call "good "hip hop clubs" then your standard and mine about the club, music played & chicks/patrons who go there are way different wink.png

It is a hole, you're right but 808 is more or less the same. Same cheesy hip pop music, same skank hookers.

If 500 baht is a rip off for you, maybe you should save up a bit more before you come here on vacation

People talking about Khao San, sure, for mixing with foreign girls it's fine but you may have to put up with them telling you of their travel plans. There are plenty of younger Thais hanging around, especially at weekends

There are hookers around, especially in Gullivers these days. Shame, used to be a decent, late night hang out and met girls in there in the past but now seems heavy on the working girls

There are some bars in Rambuttri (parellel to KSR) with live music going on, no hassles. There are also some other clubs around KSR area, Brick Bar at the end of KSR, I know of some Thai friends that liked hanging out there. Where Rambuttri dog legs around to that Swensons and the Square, that road there (Tanao? Tani?) on the left (not the road back to KSR) has some Thai style clubs, lots of expensive cars around and fair skinned Thais dressed up, queuing outside and all that

Also, across the canal bridge in Samsen Road some down to earth places to drink and also Phra Arthit, from the canal bridge to the fort there's a fair few Thai style drinking establishments, groups of Thais but no problem sitting having a drink, quite small some of those venues, listen to the music, get chatting and all that

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/18/2016 at 7:30 AM, Thainess said:

Sad but true. The regime have killed off fun in COA. I dont like really modern music but I do know this: Without a few pills it is crap.  But with police piss tests,  road blocks, military authorities with ultra conservative agenda Bankok is Sh!t for fun. Day and night. Street or club , pub or bar. Vile.

On 10/5/2018 at 3:28 AM, The manic said:

Sad but true. The regime have killed off fun in COA. I dont like really modern music but I do know this: Without a few pills it is crap.  But with police piss tests,  road blocks, military authorities with ultra conservative agenda Bankok is Sh!t for fun. Day and night. Street or club , pub or bar. Vile.

WOW.

I always have a great time n BKK.

You do know the person posted that over 2 years ago??

Hope those "pills" you refer to are not making a problem for you....

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, The manic said:

never taken a pill (except for a headache), never taken or seen anyone taking a 'piss test', never seen a road block in bangkok - a check point sure but hardly a hassle - and have never paid for someone to be my gf/friend, or paid for sex and have had the most fantastic adventures and fun in bangkok! i guess you are missing something, or quite a lot actually!

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

never taken a pill (except for a headache), never taken or seen anyone taking a 'piss test', never seen a road block in bangkok - a check point sure but hardly a hassle - and have never paid for someone to be my gf/friend, or paid for sex and have had the most fantastic adventures and fun in bangkok! i guess you are missing something, or quite a lot actually!

Bully for you. Athough I lived, worked and played in Bangkok over three decades it lost its charm for me a few years ago so I moved to Pattaya. Congratulations for getting free sex. You must be hansum man!

Not sure what you want - to meet women who are not hookers, to meet male pals or both.

Any Irish bar will not have ladies who bother you. Finnegans on Soi 4, for instance. Any pub (such as British pubs) will also not have ladies who bother you either.

If you want something a little more highbrow, then join the Press Club (or whatever it is called).

If you want to meet regular middle class folks, best to join a club of some kind - like sports or other activities. Tennis always seems to strike the right mix of people.

He will look odd dancing alone at Finnegans