best neighbouring country to obtain ED visa

Hi

I'm a UK passport holder. i will be arriving in bkk next month on a tourist visa to visit a few language schools and once i have found one i like i will apply for an ED visa. I understand i have to leave the country with the relevant paperwork and apply at an embassy outside Thailand

I read that some neighbouring embassies are not issuing ED visas, or are asking for lots of extra paperwork. So which country should i visit? Ideally minimising travel time and duration there. I have been to Thailand 3 times already this year for 2 weeks at a time on visa exemption, but not back to back, and with about 6-7 weeks in between visits.

Thanks

No you don't need to leave the country. Unless for some reason it is different for language schools. If not you can just go to immigration. You must have 15 days remaining on your visa in order to apply for a ED visa. If you don't have the 15 days remaining on your visa when you go to immigration, don't worry you can take care of that there.

Best would be to get your visa in the UK and to enter Thailand with an ED visa, then you don't waste time and money for an additional visa run, but the paper work here in TH takes about 3-4 weeks before you can get the documents via EMS. If you still have this time then go for it. Don't believe people who are telling you that you don't need to leave the country when you arrive with a tourist visa. That's definitely wrong! If you really want to study Thai and not just to buy a visa then I can recommend EASY ABC SCHOOL in Pattaya. As soon as you applied at the school you will get all the necessary application documents by email. It's fast and easy.