Help in Finding House under 2500000

HenryB

There are many many houses in this category but almost none in the city centre itself. All around the ring roads and beyond. Cruise around the sois and moo baans. This may take several days to cover an area and you will see lots of homes for sale. Take photos of everything you see. phone them up later when you get home if interested. Some have been for sale for years. Some at crazy prices, some fair prices and every now and then a bargain price as somebody wants to sell fast. Cruise around on two wheels at a leisurely pace, stop for some thing to eat and get to know the area. New homes can be bought for 2.5 or less as you move away from the city.

Many new places between 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 ...... Thaivisa.com often shows one or two every week on their email page they send out. Also, check out the Thaivisa classifieds as there's plenty in there. Google 'homes for sale Chiang Mai.

Just check them out Henry ... it's easy ..

Go for an old townhouse in the best location, possible, and you will actually be able to sell it in the future. 2.5 can get you inside the moat, but barely. I saw one a couple of months ago. Saw another one, near the NW corner, right on the moat, for 7.5, and it sold within several weeks. The value and investment is in the land. You can import all the Italian/German fixtures you want, but in the end location is far more important.

Go for an old townhouse in the best location, possible, and you will actually be able to sell it in the future. 2.5 can get you inside the moat, but barely. I saw one a couple of months ago. Saw another one, near the NW corner, right on the moat, for 7.5, and it sold within several weeks. The value and investment is in the land. You can import all the Italian/German fixtures you want, but in the end location is far more important.

Townhouse in the city gets my vote too. You don't have to commute in on any of the big hell roads either. You can have a nice roof garden if its got a flat roof.

A little more information might be helpful to those who are trying to help you.

You said house so the eliminates everything else.

How many bedrooms and bathrooms would you like it to have?

How far from the City would you consider living, 20 minute drive, more or less?

Do you have any requirements such as only wanting a single story or only a two story home?

Do you require a carport for just one car or more?

Are you ok with living in an area or moobaan that does not have a swimming pool?

There is a nice two bedroom two bath home with a nice yard and carport in Doi Saket for 1,999,999 baht.

There are also some three bedroom two bath homes in the same area for 2,300,000 baht.

Ban Wang Tan is a very popular location, but I think you would need to up your budget a little.

I know someone who has a brand new un-lived in 3 bedroom house, with a nice big lawn and lots of trees planted.

It's in a cul de sac so there's no passing traffic, but she's asking 2.8 might come down to 2.7, I have no idea about transfer fees.

If interested PM me and I'll give you the contact number, she speaks English and Thai.

The immediate neighbours are Norwegian/Thai, American/Thai, and Australian/Thai (I think).

This might be good or for some people off putting.

A little more information might be helpful to those who are trying to help you.

You said house so the eliminates everything else.

How many bedrooms and bathrooms would you like it to have?

How far from the City would you consider living, 20 minute drive, more or less?

Do you have any requirements such as only wanting a single story or only a two story home?

Do you require a carport for just one car or more?

Are you ok with living in an area or moobaan that does not have a swimming pool?

There is a nice two bedroom two bath home with a nice yard and carport in Doi Saket for 1,999,999 baht.

There are also some three bedroom two bath homes in the same area for 2,300,000 baht.

Thanks

How far is to Highway 11 Makro or Movie Major Cineplex

I love when people in low income housing give advice on how to find homes. If they had the answers would they be in student housing

Do you even know where the original Old City is Bertha? Living near the university is a privilege; not a necessity. If ownership laws were different, I would put quite a few more marbles n real estate here. My attorney and I owned a house at BWT from 2006-2008...I can think of one that is still trying to sell...been there; done that.

Henry, you need to buy something near the supermarket so you don't have to drive everywhere. You need a small place with a yard and garden. There are places for 2,000,000 - 2,500,000 that will suit you.

Do you drink alot ? because if you do then you need a bar nearby so you can walk home.

Better yet...... Buy a guesthouse, with a bar.... near the city , then you don't have to worry about driving or walking home. I did 20 years ago and haven't walked since. With a little restaurant, and a few customers you need be hungry for food or conversation.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Hi Henry .... tried to send you a PM but the prompt says you cannot receive PM's .... do you have your messages turned off or something..???

I have not bought yet. Try to PM me again I do understand if turned on or off

Edited by HenryB

It's a very broad question Henry....sounds like a trawling question to me..

It's a bit like saying...'gee i want to live in Italy...do you know anywhere....'

Everybody likes different things...personally I stay well away from the moat...and well away from bars...and speculating for capital gains is not really interesting me...

So what do you want?

I think Gonzo has a good suggestion, but that could also be applied to almost any Townhouse inside the moat. As I have stated before...if you look at two people going in the bar business five years ago. Person #1 bought just a business and a lease on LK for 2 million...since then, his rent has quadrupled to 40,000 per month, he loses money, and might be able to get 100K for the pool table, TVs and fixtures. Person #2 bought a TH on a Nimman side soi for 2 million, rents three rooms on AirBnB, works about 10 hours per week, sells beers to guests, but he needs a beer cooler anyway....it's part of the jobby. And now, someone has just offered him 8 million for his TH. Person #3's wife insisted on a house, and a brand new one at that. They had to have 180 sm even though there is only two of them. For their 2 million they got a place in SanSai on 60 wah. The drive into the city is horrible, the dog/soi dog problem is unbearable, cracks surfaced in the concrete, and a wife beating dog breeder lives across the street. A realtor listed it two years ago for 2.2, enough to break-even after costs, but not even a looker yet. Meanwhile, the titanium rod and 9 day hospital stay, after the motorcycle accident was 184,000 THB, but after a year, he only limps "a little." Who would you rather be?

Edited by bangmai

Hi Henry .... tried to send you a PM but the prompt says you cannot receive PM's .... do you have your messages turned off or something..???

I have not bought yet. Try to PM me again I do understand if turned on or off

Hi Henry .... just tried again... no go..... says you cannot receive messages..... maybe some tech mod can say why

Henry , did you buy the house yet ??

Some members have tried to contact you but failed as your box isn't taking messages.

What are you looking for in a location .. ? bar girls .. ? shops ? massages .. ? there are places for sale at around 2,500,000 baht.

Thanks for all the help we a Condo in Chiang Mia near the wall City

Henry , could you please reply to my post as you were looking for help to find a house ....

Are you buying near shops ? do you want a place near the bars with thai girls each day ?

Do you go out looking at night ?

there are place for sale around 2,000,000 baht ...