Boeing Prepares the 787-9 Dreamliner for the 2015 Paris Air Show

ubonjoe

I saw this video of this Dreamliner going vertical a couple of hours ago on another sight, the caption stated that the 787 was painted in Vietnamese Air colours however there was no Vietnamese Air logos on the tail, instead there were the numbers 787 painted in large letters on the tail and the word Boeing in large letters on the fuselage. Someone has changed the logos. Presumably Vietnamese Air to gain maximum publicity.

I can assure you they don't climb at that angle when loaded with around 300 passengers, their luggage and fuel for a long haul. Even if it were still capable of doing so, passenger comfort is priority.

whilst i agree on your comment about climbing, Most planes can climb and turn at a tighter angel than they do , they dont for passenger comfort. also all

planes with two engines can take off and land on only one engine to.

Very impressive but it is only vertical for two or three seconds before levelling out, couldn't almost any plane do this using the momentum of the take off speed?

It was actually after a "touch and go" so even more speed at take off..

Pilots call it "trading speed for altitude." In loose jargon it's a "zoom climb." They have to round over before they reach the (wing) stall speed. Agree the plane was empty.

Am I the only only one to see the incredible irony of Boeing, the maker of the B-52 which dropped countless bombs on Vietnam now showing off it's latest product in Vietnam Airlines regalia?

I must be getting old.

Very impressive but it is only vertical for two or three seconds before levelling out, couldn't almost any plane do this using the momentum of the take off speed?

And consider that the airplane is complete empty.....a truck also accelerate impressive with is empty....

Must have taken a lot of practice in the simulator and a lot of faith in the avionics to try that. I'm sure a lot of planes are capable, but would end up as fireballs at the slightest mistake.

I can assure you they don't climb at that angle when loaded with around 300 passengers, their luggage and fuel for a long haul. Even if it were still capable of doing so, passenger comfort is priority.

whilst i agree on your comment about climbing, Most planes can climb and turn at a tighter angel than they do , they dont for passenger comfort. also all

Indeed they are more than capable. Driving a Ferrari around a city centre springs to mind. (i.e. leashed & unusable performance)

It seems many modern commercial airlines now have only 2 engines whereas in the past they would have 4.

Is it right a fully laden 2 engine plane can take off on 1? I don't know. (I know they can fly on one)

Edited by Lancashirelad

I saw this video of this Dreamliner going vertical a couple of hours ago on another sight, the caption stated that the 787 was painted in Vietnamese Air colours however there was no Vietnamese Air logos on the tail, instead there were the numbers 787 painted in large letters on the tail and the word Boeing in large letters on the fuselage. Someone has changed the logos. Presumably Vietnamese Air to gain maximum publicity.

I can guarantee you the logos in that video have not been changed.

Indeed they are more than capable. Driving a Ferrari around a city centre springs to mind. (i.e. leashed & unusable performance)

It seems many modern commercial airlines now have only 2 engines whereas in the past they would have 4.

Is it right a fully laden 2 engine plane can take off on 1? I don't know. (I know they can fly on one)

They can. They have to be able to do that.