Transfer Retirement Visa to new UK Passport

My first year's 'Non O' Retirement expires 18 August which coincides with my passport expiry (only 2 weeks to get new from Bkk British Embassy Passport Centre, I collect on Tuesday) and next 90 day report. Should I then go to Phuket Immigration to get the visa stamp transferred or wait until August? Either way, any advice please re current immigration requirements? I have read earlier posts but confused re different opinions (Embassy letter, forms, etc)

Visas are not transferred. You can have your extension of stay stamps transferred and an annotation made of the visa that gave you the permit to stay you have been extending.

You will need a letter from the UK embassy. They will give you the form for getting it when you pick up your passport.

You will need to do the transfer before you do your do your 90 day report. You cannot do a report with a cancelled passport.

Thank you ubonjoe for your reply, I read many times your sincere and knowledgeable observations, do you know what I have to take with me to Phuket Immigration so I am fully prepared, if better to do whatever I have to do next week then I prefer to get done and finished with then and not wait until the last minute. Next of course will be to get a new 'extension of stay' for another year but I guess that will be a new question for later.