Green book from Finance company a whooping 13,300 baht!

Hi Guys,

I will be making my final payment on my truck next month. However I got a bill today for 10,300 baht as a fee forregistration and transfer of owners name in to the the green book.

Seems excessive but maybe you guys could tell me if you had to pay a similar fee when you made your final payment on your truck/car with your finance company.

Any advice or a way around this fee is appreciated. Happy motoring to all. wai.gif

Clarify what it is... I think you'll find it's just the balance you owe - i.e. either your monthly payments didn't exactly add up to the full amount owed, or maybe you got some late fees?

I've never paid more than the contracted finance agreement on payout.

Edited by IMHO

It says 10,000 is the fee to transfer ownership to me and issue me the book.

I know it isn't this much to transfer a book normally, hence the question.

What's the phone number if I need to complain and get advice? Is it 1111 ?

It says 10,000 is the fee to transfer ownership to me and issue me the book.

I know it isn't this much to transfer a book normally, hence the question.

What's the phone number if I need to complain and get advice? Is it 1111 ?

Would be a good one on "ask the lawyer here"...........it seems too much to me.

Edited by lostinisaan

Confirm with the finance company exactly what the fees are for!

They told him it was to transfer the book into his name.
No they didn't. He just said that's what was written on the paperwork.. My point is to contact them and find out EXACTLY what the fee is for!

Op. Is it one of the large main dealer finance companies or one of the tent finance companies?

Edited by casualbiker

Transfer fee depends on the value of the vehicle. Paid less than THB 1 k for a bike worth 200 k, so seems too much to me.

But probably the rest is for the paperwork they pretend to do for you...

I paid off Tisco Bank in September 2012 for Honda Civic - 5 year note - I just checked my records and I did pay a registration fee - but it was only THB 3,798.65. Thia amount would also include annual road tax. In September 2011 I paid Tisco THB 2,398.50 for road tax. So, 10,300 does appear very high.

I think it's the govt fee to delete the name of the finance company from the green book. Kinda excessive.

No, this is the Thai government to OP is talking about, not the UK government.

Highest standard of living in human history. Safe, efficient roads that go everywhere. Cars with airbags, MP3 players, and aircon. Cutting edge emergency medical services respond in minutes if you have an accident. Sattelite navigation. Abundant fuel. And you histrionic, infantile pu$$ies won't stop snivelling because giving a little of your huge disposable incomes for it is "excessive". The British have become the most selfish, greedy, infantile softcox in the world. Your grandfather is ashamed of you.

I think it's the govt fee to delete the name of the finance company from the green book. Kinda excessive.

Highest standard of living in human history. Safe, efficient roads that go everywhere. Cars with airbags, MP3 players, and aircon. Cutting edge emergency medical services respond in minutes if you have an accident. Sattelite navigation. Abundant fuel. And you histrionic, infantile pu$$ies won't stop snivelling because giving a little of your huge disposable incomes for it is "excessive". The British have become the most selfish, greedy, infantile softcox in the world. Your grandfather is ashamed of you.

Is this me you are talking to, or Inzman?

Another troll post, a total waste of time

What makes you think wwe have high disposable incomes? I have a wife and 4 kids and live on 45,000 Baht per month and I can assure you none of that is disposable. I also know that even in Australia I would not hhave tp pay 10,000 baht to transfer ownership, so yes it is excessive.

HELLO

MY SELF AND TWO FRIENDS TRANSFERED FROM THE FINANCE COMPANY TO OUR NAMES EARLIER ON IN THE YEAR, IT COST US BAHT 1500 EACH

I WENT INTO TOYOTA TO ASK ABOUT MY FINAL PAYMENT, THEY TOLD ME THE AMOUNT PLUS THE 1500 ( THEY CALLED THE FINANCE COMPANY WHILE I WAS THERE )

SOME OTHER FRIENDS HAVE RECENTLY DONE THE SAME, BAHT 1500, SO MAYBE AS SOMEONE SAID IT COULD BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR FINAL PAYMENT, THERE IS NOWAY IT COSTS BAHT 13300 FOR THE TRANSFER

I just recently had a name removed from my car's blue book and it wasn't cheap, but nothing like the price they are quoting you. I think it cost me about 4000 baht to remove a name and the commission from a local lady who does this stuff was 400 or 600. About 3 years ago it cost me about 2800 at the motor department or what they call here in Pattaya the "Eastern Verification Center".

I do believe this finance company is gouging you with a very steep commission for them doing the paperwork. I'd ask them how much the cost is to government and how much their commission is, because I think the bloating is in their commission.

Is this me you are talking to, or Inzman?

Inzman didn't bellyache about fees being excessive in the UK.

Another troll post, a total waste of time

Right. Anyone who says government fees in the UK are reasonable is a troll. Tell me, what do Margaret Thatcher's balls taste like?

Geez....why would you want to own a car here in this country......

OK...no need to answer........ I should not have asked.........but still........ who wants to drive amongst all the "Road Monkeys" and "Road Savages" that are abundant throughout Thailand.....lol

Cheers

What makes you think wwe have high disposable incomes? I have a wife and 4 kids and live on 45,000 Baht per month and I can assure you none of that is disposable. I also know that even in Australia I would not hhave tp pay 10,000 baht to transfer ownership, so yes it is excessive.

You don't The baht is not the currency of the UK, and nobody mentioned Australia. Also, nobody believes your kooky story about you, your wife, and four kids having 45,000 per month gross income, paying 45,000 per month in taxes, and living on no money. Not sure what you're trying to pull with that.

Geez....why would you want to own a car here in this country......

OK...no need to answer........ I should not have asked.........but still........ who wants to drive amongst all the "Road Monkeys" and "Road Savages" that are abundant throughout Thailand.....lol

Cheers

Well,

How about those of us that don't trust the ' Road monkeys ' and ' Road savages ' to drive us around in taxis or public buses.

I would sooner trust my own driving than a guy in Thailand who is probably self taught and usually has one vice or the other in the form of alcohol or Yaa baa.

On the contrary driving in Thailand can be great. I can go from my house in Pathum Thani to my condo in Rachayothin, a distance of over 50kms, without going through any traffic lights at all. If that was the UK, a dreadful place to drive, there would be thirty sets of lights and dozens of speed cameras. Sure it is not as safe as the nanny states but I know where I would prefer to drive.