Green book from Finance company a whooping 13,300 baht!

Normally the date your finance expires is also the date the new roadtax has to be paid, so that will probably be included in the sum.

Good point, but not always the case. eg. one of my cars was financed in April, but road tax is paid in August - that's how long it took to get off red plates. The insurance is due in April though.

Geez....why would you want to own a car here in this country......

OK...no need to answer........ I should not have asked.........but still........ who wants to drive amongst all the "Road Monkeys" and "Road Savages" that are abundant throughout Thailand.....lol

Cheers

Well,

How about those of us that don't trust the ' Road monkeys ' and ' Road savages ' to drive us around in taxis or public buses.

I would sooner trust my own driving than a guy in Thailand who is probably self taught and usually has one vice or the other in the form of alcohol or Yaa baa.

Good points

Meantime I have been here for 25 years while I never had the urge or desire to buy, own and drive a motor vehicle here in Thailand.

But that is the way I feel.

Meantime.......fill your boots if you want to spend your hard earned money on such consumer items and have to maintain them and continually pay for them in a number of ways while every time you get out there and drive it is somewhat of an ordeal while you fight the traffic and burn your hard earned money on motor fuels.....over and over again.

Cheers

Ive asked the Market Guys who have many dripped trucks, they recon its the O.P.s final payment, plus road tax they must pay before invoicing to the Customer.Also they told me the Change Book cost is that small they cant be sure exactly.Hope that helps, traders are rather sharp.id take their word over a "The Wifes Brother told Me" Ferang whoes not sure really.coffee1.gif

Ive asked the Market Guys who have many dripped trucks, they recon its the O.P.s final payment, plus road tax they must pay before invoicing to the Customer.Also they told me the Change Book cost is that small they cant be sure exactly.Hope that helps, traders are rather sharp.id take their word over a "The Wifes Brother told Me" Ferang whoes not sure really.coffee1.gif

The market guys are wring.

This is to transfer nook in his name plus some company expenses.

The normal cost of the transfer is around the monthly payment, mine came out as an additional month payment or pretty closes to it.

I pay the road tax on my financed car direct to the transport authority - all you need is the paw raw bw, the book stays with the finance company till payments are complete. I also pay the insurance myself, to the company I have always used, not the one selected by the bank.

So a few Thai guys are wrong, nice to know. doubt it they were all about 50ish and one read the post. Just trying to help,not score points

Just speaking from experience :)

I have paid off 3 cars here, and the final payment after all 36 (I always do 3 years) monthly payments have been made has always been around 10k. In August the 4th one comes, and I'm pretty sure it is again going to be around 10k. That is with Tanachart.

We all have different tales.my wife payed of Honda Leasing on her Accord with no cons.but Thais with a record,do better than Ferangs. I buy my own I'm too mean to pay interest [emoji203]

Nonsense. These fees are all stated in the contract, and these contracts are standardized.

Just about to pay the final payment on our truck, 60 payments and with Kiatnakin Bank. The registration costs for the blue book, (green is for mo-cys), apologies if that has been pointed out, is 1500THB. The truck is in the wife's name. Previously some time back now had a loan with SCB for a truck and if I recall it was about the same price. At least when going to tax it we will now have a proper reg book and not a photocopy when going to the local DLT.

We all have different tales.my wife payed of Honda Leasing on her Accord with no cons.but Thais with a record,do better than Ferangs. I buy my own I'm too mean to pay interest [emoji203]

Nonsense. These fees are all stated in the contract, and these contracts are standardized.

Quite so ive just read the Honda Contract. As with most Finance Houses the contracts varies. No need to get huffy cause you paid more, but still less than the O.P. who in my mind has paid too much,or cant understand the breakdown too well. Honda wont take on Ferangs without they hardly need finance. Neither will Toyota. This give a Tent reason to Finance with higher risk n price tag.

Quite so ive just read the Honda Contract. As with most Finance Houses the contracts varies. No need to get huffy cause you paid more, but still less than the O.P. who in my mind has paid too much,or cant understand the breakdown too well. Honda wont take on Ferangs without they hardly need finance. Neither will Toyota. This give a Tent reason to Finance with higher risk n price tag.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Being in the bike rental business, I have bought and sold a lot of bikes over the years. When you change the name in the green/blue book, the Land Transport Office have a standard charge (tax) of 0.5% of the purchase value that is on the transfer form. Maybe this is why the payment seems so excessive and maybe some finance companies suck it up whilst some don't? The OP needs to get a breakdown of that payment and it wouldn't surprise me if it's a combo of the above, annual tax and rego and his last payment.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Only ever buy in cash in Thailand.

Transfer fees are usually around the 3-5k mark, iirc. Depending on engine size etc.

if it doesn't include the final payment, ask questions.

Edited by DLang

OK...no need to answer........ I should not have asked.........but still........ who wants to drive amongst all the "Road Monkeys" and "Road Savages" that are abundant throughout Thailand.....lol

Cheers

Well,

How about those of us that don't trust the ' Road monkeys ' and ' Road savages ' to drive us around in taxis or public buses.

I would sooner trust my own driving than a guy in Thailand who is probably self taught and usually has one vice or the other in the form of alcohol or Yaa baa.

Good points

Meantime I have been here for 25 years while I never had the urge or desire to buy, own and drive a motor vehicle here in Thailand.

Meantime.......fill your boots if you want to spend your hard earned money on such consumer items and have to maintain them and continually pay for them in a number of ways while every time you get out there and drive it is somewhat of an ordeal while you fight the traffic and burn your hard earned money on motor fuels.....over and over again.

Cheers

No desire to buy,own or drive a motor in Thailand, but

reads and contributes to the the motor forum.....I like it.

Cheers

Well,

Good points

Cheers

No desire to buy,own or drive a motor in Thailand, but

reads and contributes to the the motor forum.....I like it.

I used to build high performance engines....small block and big block Chevrolets.

Does that count...lol

• 1 month later...