Road Construction in Maenum

I did not see anyone mentioning about this type of topic so thought I would update everyone.

As of today Monday June 15, while I went out there is current road construction going on, on the main ring road in maenum area, location is from at least the 75 building / entrance road to w retreat all the way close to the traffic light in maenum. so far they have only begun work on one side. They are basically laying down the black tar substance on the road. Traffic today at 1:30 pm today was the longest I've ever been held in traffic on samui. It took 40 minutes to go 2 km. Just wanted everyone to know as traffic in that area will be bad for quite some time.

I mentioned it yesterday in the Samui V's Phuket..... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/829543-samui-vs-phuket/page-2

I see they got to Soi 4 traffic lights in Maenam .... by this morning (heading west at least)

It 's easy to by pass between Soi 2 and all the way to Ban Tai if you go along the parallel roads... with a bit of weaving around... but much faster! wink.png (perhaps not if everyone does it! ) tongue.pngwhistling.gif

here's a picture again... near the PTT Gas station, yesterday....

IMG_3706-2.jpg