Are ferry prices return

I see ferry prices on the net but they don't state if return or single

Can somebody please let me know if there is a return fare, and possibly what it is?

I am also trying to figure out if I have to pay for passengers on top of the 4,000 baht for my car if I take that over instead.

Any help would be really appreciated as i am reading conflicting info about everything to do with ferries

Cheers

It is perfectly possible to purchase return fare to KT or KPG. They (ticket office) give you a receipt which you present in order to be given tickets for the return leg. This also secures your place on the boat during peak times. There are incentives for doing this but they vary by ferry company/season.Casual observers should note that the Seatran is closest to the airport whereas the Lompriah is more likely to adhere to their published timetable on return.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

It is perfectly possible to purchase return fare to KT or KPG. They (ticket office) give you a receipt which you present in order to be given tickets for the return leg. This also secures your place on the boat during peak times. There are incentives for doing this but they vary by ferry company/season.Casual observers should note that the Seatran is closest to the airport whereas the Lompriah is more likely to adhere to their published timetable on return.

HTH

Thanks for this info. I am a bit confused about the ports. I believe that Donsak is the name of the Seatran ferry port, but do others sail from their, and do you know the name of the other ferry port?

I am interested in the night ferry too, and wonder if Donsak has a night ferry.I have seen now that Seatran have an online booking service, as does Lompriah, which is great, but can you book night ferries too.

You have already been helpful, so I hope you don't mind these extra questions.

Cheers

Not at all smile.png My answers assumed journeys would begin/end on Samui which is what I had assumed from your OP. If you provide a little more detail we'll have a better idea re what you're looking for.

I will be travelling from the mainland to Ko Tao. I was going to take my car, but I have been informed that is 4,000 round trip and that all passengers except me will need to pay the ferryman (both ways). There are 6 traveling so this becomes expensive for the convenience I like with taking the car. Now I am trying to figure out how to get to Ko Tao, having been confused by all the conflicting info about prices and times on the net.

Basically, I want to know the times and prices of ferries from different ports. I can find the Seatran (from Donsak), though I don't get the Seatran and Seatran discovery thing, and the catamarang (from a mystery port I do not know the name of), and have times and prices.

However, it may be better for me to travel on the night boat, but I don't know which port they go from as there seems no distinction on the sites I have seen even though they are called Ko Jaroen and the Talay Sub Night Boat. My misses things that Ko Jaroen is the name of a different port.

The names of the different ports and which ferries depart from them would be a massive start, along with which days the boats travel on as I have different info on that too.

Thanks in advance to all you seafaring fellows (and ladies)

Cheers

It's a really difficult question for most of us to answer, as not many would have taken a vehicle to Koh Toa... (I too at the beginning of this assume OP wanted from Samui)

Any listing for for high speed ferry or fast ferry would be passages only.... I know with Lomprayah, if you have kids there is a Child fare, for up to XX cm (I cannot remember the actual height) It's probably the same with Seatran....

As far as I know, the night boats do not take vehicles although reading here, there seems to be one from Chumpon according to one writer...who says there is.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/asia-thailand/thailand/night-ferry-surat-to-ko-tao?page=1#post_13572819

I have never heard of "Ko Jaroen" but when one Googles it Koh Tao comes up... ... The docking port on KT is at Maehaad...

Sorry can't be of much more help on this.... If you manage to get the answer, please let us know! Unless someone comes up with the answer in the meantime! wink.png

As far as I know, the night boats do not take vehicles although reading here, there seems to be one from Chumpon according to one writer...who says there is.

Talay Sub from Chomphon... (Cargo ferry, I presume they take cars, "Car-Go" whistling.gif )

post-20091-0-45729000-1434607359_thumb.g

My concern is why do they have "Sub" in the name?facepalm.gif

Edited by Basil B

• 2 weeks later...