Good locations in BKK for shooting portraits OUTDOORS?

Any tips, photographers? I'm thinking some of the parks in the surrounding areas would be nice, but I'd like to find some more industrial areas as well. Unfortunately, I don't know of any well-lit industrial areas that are legal and yet free of thousands of pedestrians.

Here are the places I can think of so far:

- Queen Sirikit Park (near Chatuchak)

- Some areas down in the nicer parts of Sathorn (i.e. luxury condominium properties).

- Lumpini Park

Anyone privy to any good specific locations?

cheers

In the shade of a tree with clear space behind. Use a mild telephoto lens to flatter and a big aperture to totally blur the background. Some light filtering through the tree from above and behind to create a highlight in the hair is nice. If you can find a wall or building that's out of the picture but reflecting light in from one side that's good. You don't really need much room and you don't want the background in focus because it's a portrait with only the subject as any interest much less the center of interest.

Green always makes a nice background and all you need is a bush or two if your depth of field is narrow enough. A mild telephoto (100mm m/l on a 35mm equivalent) will narrow the view angle.

Cheers.

Chaopraya river, near, or on (boat/ferry), or over (bridges)? BTS? MTR? Sanam Luang? Temple areas? Balconys? Open air top floors of car parks? Options are legion... maybe you can specify what kind of portraits you want to take?

Loads of just married Thai come to where i live to shoot pics. Some even give huge outdoor party's.

Chocolate Ville restaurant also has loads of guests who only come to shoot pics and then drive off.

https://www.google.de/search?q=chocolate+ville+thailand+bangkok&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CCAQsARqFQoTCPeThLaclcYCFcnJFAodd7cI8w

Best would be to go to a hotel with huge garden.

There's a huge park on the outskirts we visited it once on the way home from cha am to Suphanburi, inside the park they have buildings with waxworks of famous people, a walk through the park in my opinion shows some great photo options with replica old Thai buildings and attractive waterfalls and statues,, very nice,, maybe someone can help with the name of this park which I've forgotten,

Archived