Lottery ticket prices fall to Bt75 as govt action kicks in

webfact

Lottery ticket prices fall to Bt75 as govt action kicks in
Jitima Janphrom,
Stanley Bennett
The Nation

30262467-02_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- LOTTERY ticket prices came down to Bt75 per pair in many areas yesterday from the government's standard price of Bt80.

In Khon Kaen province, several lottery vendors lowered the ticket price to just Bt75 in a bid to clear their stock in time.

The lottery draw took place yesterday afternoon, and any unsold tickets could cut into vendors' own pockets.

"I still had many lottery tickets on my shelves because I bought a higher volume of lottery tickets this time," a vendor lamented late yesterday morning.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said, "The government move to control lottery prices in the market has significantly reduced my profit margin. [but], I hope to earn the same profit amount by relying on higher sales volume".

Due to the government's serious efforts, lottery overpricing has finally been reined in.

Speaking from Chiang Mai province, Phum Kitprasert said he was so happy about the government's move. "I usually buy 4 to five tickets each time. With the lower price, I can now buy more tickets," he said.

The Government Lottery Office's board also altered the allocation of tickets to organisations, foundations, legal entities, small-scale vendors and people with disabilities. It will also introduce new prizes of three front-digit numbers from September, in place of cancelled jackpot prizes.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Lottery-ticket-prices-fall-to-Bt75-as-govt-action--30262467.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-17

Speaking from Chiang Mai province, Phum Kitprasert said he was so happy about the government's move. "I usually buy 4 to five tickets each time. With the lower price, I can now buy more tickets," he said.

I wonder if he knows that he may need to save that extra money for more expensive alcohol and cigarettes.

I would think it did cut into her profit margin, just a small difference between 80 bht and the scam price of 110/120 bht, hope she got stuck with the extra ones she bought lol coffee1.gif

Why? For all you know she was being charged over the top by middle man before.

The article makes a claim:

LOTTERY ticket prices came down to Bt75 per pair in many areas yesterday

and backs up that claim with the following evidence

In Khon Kaen province, several lottery vendors lowered the ticket price to just Bt75

I am so convinced blink.png

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Let's hear a report on government lottery revenues next month.