Patong’s Ace 1 Condo developer given extended lease of life

webfact

Patong’s Ace 1 Condo developer given extended lease of life
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1434459588_1-org.jpg
Ampon Wongsiri (center), secretary-general of the national Consumer Protection Board.

PHUKET: -- People waiting for refunds from the developer of the Ace 1 Condominium project in Patong will have to wait further if they are to hold onto any chance of getting their money back following a meeting with the head of the national Consumer Protection Board (CPB) yesterday (June 15).

CPB secretary-general Ampon Wongsiri in Phuket on May 19 laid down a seven-day deadline for the developer, The Nine Property (Patong) Co, to deliver to Phuket Governor Nisit Jansomwong a written assurance of when and how the situation would be resolved.

“We don’t want just verbal promises. We need something on paper,” he said. (See story here.)

Yesterday (28 days later), however, Mr Ampon again met with the soured investors, who presented Mr Ampon with proof of the payments they had made.

Mr Ampon warned the condo developer that time was running out before the CPB handed over the customers’ complaints to the police for action, but said little else.

Present at the meeting to receive in person copies of the proof-of-payment documents was a representative of Ace 1 condo.

The representative declined to comment in detail about the stalled project to The Phuket News, but assured that the company would soon be meeting with Gov Nisit, who chairs the Provincial Consumer Protection Committee, to resolve the conflict.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-ace-1-condo-developer-given-extended-lease-of-life-52800.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-06-17

Who was the investor in this project that has enough pull to bring this case to light? There's a number of defunct condo/project developments around where they get zero media coverage and the governor isn't interested. I really can't see any money being returned and this going the way of all the other cases like it, a trip to court years from now.

WOW what a con man. Wants proof of payment DAAAAAAAAAAAA Don't they keep books Well maybe not since they are in such a state right now.

When I originally read this article about the seven(7) days I knew it would not be met when they came up with a "the problem is internal" excuse.

This is a note to the investors KISS YOUR MONEY GOOD BYE this guy is stringing you along.

Having personally taken a 'cast-iron' complaint to the CPB in Pattaya, I can confirm they are a 'waste of space', and will deflect, delay and frustrate until you give up. I gave up, having decided that I had better things to do in life than be continually 'pi##ed around' by these so called 'consumer protectors'. After many months of delay it became obvious who they were really protecting and it certainly wasn't the man in the street!

• 2 weeks later...