Dual Passports

Hi Guys,

I will have an aussie and french passport, Wont this allow me to use 3 stamps in one for 90 days then witch to the other passport for another 3 stamps and 90 days? Thus not having to leave the country at all for the 90 day period described in recent news?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Please check your Private Messages (PMs)

If you don't know how to access them, click on the link at the top rt hand corner of this page.

Udon. I too am interested in the answer to this question.

Whats the big secret? Can you not publish it here? If not then please could you also PM me.

Thanks

Please check your Private Messages (PMs)

If you don't know how to access them, click on the link at the top rt hand corner of this page.

Udon. I too am interested in the answer to this question.

Whats the big secret? Can you not publish it here? If not then please could you also PM me.

Thanks

The PM has nothing to do with this topic.

It is to try to get skoper to use the board as it was intended.

Sorry to disapoint you. :o

Skoperism, it wouldn’t work.

When you do your border run on a land border, Thai Immigration wants to see the arrival and departure stamp of the neighbouring country of the same day in your passport upon your new entry into Thailand.

When you enter the neighbouring country, for example Kampuchea at Poipet, the Kampuchean immigration may want to see the Thai exit stamp of the same day.

---------------

Maestro

When you do your border run on a land border, Thai Immigration wants to see the arrival and departure stamp of the neighbouring country of the same day in your passport upon your new entry into Thailand.

When you enter the neighbouring country, for example Kampuchea at Poipet, the Kampuchean immigration may want to see the Thai exit stamp of the same day.

---------------

Maestro

I think this is true about the land-based border runs -- for instance, in Mae Sai, Thai Immigration will know full well you didn't just fly into Myanmar from Paris, and will look for your Thai exit stamp.

However, if you're entering at an airport (e.g. fly to SIN and then back to BKK - can be done for THB 4000), there is a very slim chance that it would be noticed (and even then, it's not uncommon for dual citizens to exit one country on passport A and enter another on passport :o. If you've just used up your visa runs on passport A, I'd go enter SIN on passport B, and then go back to Thailand with the same passport... To be honest, since you'd be going to SIN anyway, why not apply for a regular tourist visa, and keep the visa run option for an emergency?

[edit]

Just noticed you have an Aussie passport -- why not apply for the ASEAN card that lets you enter for 90 days at a time (and I don't think it's subject to the 90/180 restriction)?

Edited by crocodilexp

Interesting thread.

Example if you are Irish my recollection is that as UK still considers Ireland to be part of the British Commonwealth you are if you are Irish entitled to apply for an UK passport. Before someone says oh yes if you are from Northern Ireland NO im talking about Southern Ireland

Hi Guys,

I will have an aussie and french passport, Wont this allow me to use 3 stamps in one for 90 days then witch to the other passport for another 3 stamps and 90 days? Thus not having to leave the country at all for the 90 day period described in recent news?

Thanks

Skop ! i too have a dual OZ / French passport ! i am not sure if you family name will not show on the computer as a already user with other passport ! I presume yes

My reply is to tell you the Brisbane consulate has been the most understanding in my situation , no married / under retirement age , and he kindly issue me with a one year visa, who permit me to go and came as I wish .

Perhaps good if you send him a email with your situation..

To make the thing easy for me, I supply him with good financial position in Australia.

He is a good person to talk too !

Skop ! i too have a dual OZ / French passport ! i am not sure if you family name will not show on the computer as a already user with other passport ! I presume yes
...and don’t forget about your face being scanned. Soon, all border posts will be doing it, too.

---------------

Maestro

So for a person that has oz and french passports - they would leave thailand on say the oz passport (the one last entered on and has 90 days of stay on it) and then enter Singapore (say) via air and present the french passport.

Wouldnt the singaporean authorities want to see the exit thailand stamp and ask why using a different passport ?

Also, If Irish (southern) can apply for a UK passport, can UK citizens apply for an Irish passport ? Or does anyone know of a country that will provide (genuine) passports when non resident (and for a reasonable price....)

Cheers

Wouldnt the singaporean authorities want to see the exit thailand stamp and ask why using a different passport ?

It's very unlikely that they'd ask, but even if they did, as long as both passports give you visa-free entry, they have no reason to prefer one over the other

Also, If Irish (southern) can apply for a UK passport, can UK citizens apply for an Irish passport ? Or does anyone know of a country that will provide (genuine) passports when non resident (and for a reasonable price....)

I heard you can get an Irish passport if just *one* of your grandparents was an Irish citizen (this is amazingly lax, I know Americans who got it this way). Getting a new nationality (at least a half-decent one) as a non-resident is otherwise really difficult (some Caribbean countries may offer it for *huge* piles of money). Some countries (I think UK as well) allow you to have two physical passports (with the same nationality) if you have agood enough reason (travel a lot, have traveled to Israel and need to go to Syria etc.)

I heard you can get an Irish passport if just *one* of your grandparents was an Irish citizen (this is amazingly lax, I know Americans who got it this way). Getting a new nationality (at least a half-decent one) as a non-resident is otherwise really difficult (some Caribbean countries may offer it for *huge* piles of money). Some countries (I think UK as well) allow you to have two physical passports (with the same nationality) if you have agood enough reason (travel a lot, have traveled to Israel and need to go to Syria etc.)

Thanks for the good reply crocodilexp

I've wondered for a while how to get a second british passport and I think there is a UK Goverment web page somewhere that explains hoe to apply for one and the circumstances under which it will be provided. I seem to recall that usually a company letter is required.

I just wonder if anyone has been through this (whether successful or not) and what their grounds for application was and their experience was - would be very interested to hear...

I have thought a little bit about this and if there is a country that takes along time to issue visas and I beleive in my current employment contract it states I have to have a passport and be prepared to travel anywhere at short notice (or something like that), then I may have grounds for a second passport. A few years ago I even thought about applying for another passport as if i did not have one, but this was a very bad idea as it is a serious no no.

Now I need to find out what nationality my grandparents were...