2 month extendable visa / expiration/ next steps....?

Thank you in advance for reading this post.

For those of you who may be familiar with the process of going to Laos for a 2 month visa, then immigration for a 30 day extention, then exiting and re-entering for another 2 months and 30 day extention and then doing this process a second time... this is the process I am currently in. The situation is....

I had gone to Laos for a 2 month visa with an extension to go to the immigration office for an additional 30 days. The situation was that the deadline on the Laos visa was May 25 and the extention date stamped at the immigration office was May 27. So, on May 27 I went to Cambodia expecting to receive another 2 months but was told because the Laos visa stated May 25 and that had expired that I could only have 30 days.

So, on June 25 is when the current 30 day visa ends

I had originally planned that after this trip to Cambodia to Laos for another 2 month extendable visa. But, I have been advised by the owner of the company that does visa runs not to do that and rather to go to the immigration office for another 30 day visa (I guess because I should have 2 months) and after that go to Laos for another 2 month extendable visa.

I welcome any feedback as I truly would not want to go to the immigration office if in fact that is not the right step to take and I surely do want to have another opportunity to go t Laos again for another 2 month visa.

Again, I welcome any feedback in regards.

Thank you!

As usual, your problem with the May 25th date has been explained numerous times. Wouldn't it be better if you educate yourself, on what you have, before it becomes an issue.

Next visa? You can do it however you wish, if you are from one of the countries listed, yes, you can simply apply for an extension at Immigration, not a visa, in Thailand.

If you wish to stay longer, why not go on to Laos, and apply for another, double entry Tourist Visa, and start the same process you attempted to begin with.

Thank you. I appreciate your response. I see that you wrote to do it before the expiration date. I guess it is not absolutely necessary to only do it on the exact date of the last day as stamped. If I understand that correctly, then it would be ok to go on the 23rd of June as an example instead of the 25th (which is the last day as stamped.) Is that right?

Thank you again

Best regards.

The expiry date of a VISA is found on the Visa sticker in the passport

It will say "Enter before (date)failing to use a Visa before its use by/enter before or expiry date will result in loss.

This is quite separate from anything "stamped" in the passport by an immigration officer at a border or immigration office.