Indian miner sets 2016 target for extraction of gold in R’kiri

geovalin

Indian mining firm Mesco Gold will begin mining a gold field in Cambodia’s northeastern Ratanikkiri province by early 2016, according to a company statement released yesterday.

If it begins extracting successfully, Mesco Gold, which is owned by the Indian company Mesco Steel, would effectively become Cambodia’s first operational mine.

“This will be a great project for Mesco, Angkor and for the people of Cambodia,” said Mesco chairman JK Singh in a statement released by Angkor Gold, which owns the 12-square-kilometre economic land concession that Mesco bought mining rights to in 2013.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/indian-miner-sets-2016-target-extraction-gold-rkiri

"If it begins extracting successfully, Mesco Gold, which is owned by the Indian company Mesco Steel, would effectively become Cambodia’s first operational mine."

Hold up. You mean there isn't one single operating mine of any type in all of Cambodia? Had to google that and found this:

"While a handful of foreign-owned mining firms continue to spend millions scouring the provinces for valuable mineral deposits, not one has commenced mining. (2014)"

Wow.