Bangkok makes the list of world's cheapest cities for short break

webfact

Bangkok makes the list of world's cheapest cities for short break

BANGKOK, 18 June 2015 (NNT) - According to travel ratings site TripAdvisor, Bangkok ranked fourth on the list of world’s cheapest cities for a short holiday break.

The site constructed the list by calculating the cost of a couple taking a three-day break in 40 key tourism cities. Hanoi, Vietnam topped the list of cheapest cities while Cancun, Mexico was ranked the most expensive.

The 27,927 baht cost of a Bangkok holiday break took into account the price of accomodation at a hotel, an activity each day, lunches, dinners with wine and the costs of a three-kilometer trip by taxi to and from dinner each day.

The total cost for Hanoi, meanwhile, is 24,887 baht.

Other cities on the cheapest list include Warsaw, Poland; Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt; Mumbai, India and Lisbon, Portugal.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-18 footer_n.gif

Cheaper hardly fits with the "Quality" aspirations. London won best City in the World for A Holiday

Yes the topic did say cheapest city, not best City in the World for A Holiday.

Yes but they are also striving for Quality tourists and I would image for a quality location, Being in the top 4 cheapest cities to Holiday hardly brings to mind quality, Stop picking arguments and join the dots

Lets see if we can make it off of the first page before someone explains how its not true, but all a big plot by TAT & the government etc.....etc...etc.....coffee1.gif

Edited by sanuk711

Cheaper hardly fits with the "Quality" aspirations. London won best City in the World for A Holiday

Yes the topic did say cheapest city, not best City in the World for A Holiday.

Actually, it said cheapest "tourist" city.

Katmandu, Nepal must be 10x cheaper than BKK, but apparently no "tourists" (ie people with more money than sense) go there, ever.

http://www.nepalnews.com/archive/2013/feb/feb06/news01.php

Edited by SiSePuede419

These cost of living surveys remind me of airline ratings. If an airline doesn't make the cut, the execs go looking for an organization, and I think sometimes creating their own, that will rate them higher.

Best/cheapest tourist destinations fall in the same category, but I think Bangkok is still great value for money.