Ticks

DD13

Hi Folks

This year we are experiencing a major "infestation" of TICKS.....someone suggested that they may have originated from "cassava" plants grown in the adjacent fields

Has anybody suggestions to how to get rid of these ?????

Or which product to use to spray a 1.5 Rai garden ??

Not only are they driving the dogs crazy, but us also

Many thanks in advance. ( even to the comedians who are bound to have their say ) lol

Same for me with regards Ticks. This last Year has been the worst in 10 Years. I am now using Controline on my Dog. every Month exact to the day, If i do not do it exact the day its due,,, they multiply fast. I also tried showering him with washing up liquid and Vinegar which helped a bit.

Edited by pattaya_girl

We were in exactly the same situation as you are and even though they were on endex tablets no matter how many times we washed the dogs or picked the ticks off it was a never ending task, we also have a rai and half and eventually I worked out that unless we could completely break the cycle by wiping out all the ticks that are in the soil over the last few years and through their different life cycles we were wasting our time. In the end we decided to completely break the cycle by getting Professional's in and to date about a year on that has worked brilliantly

We initially got Rentokil to come and have a look but they did not bother answering my emails for a week or so after the inspection so I ended up getting a local crew from here in Huay Yai who the neighbors' recommended and they have been really good

If I remember correctly they came for 1 day a week for 4 week then once every month for a full 12 months for a full year it costs Baht 22,000. They used a lot of chemical and I would not recommend even attempting doing it yourself as there is a lot of equipment needed as well as the chemicals themselves and not to mention the actual spraying

The results were very fast in the dogs(we have 2 large female rotties and a male Doberman and we have had 7 puppies about 6 weeks ago as well!!) after the first couple of sessions the ticks were far fewer in number and now nearly a year on we rarely see any ticks on either the adults or the pups, the other side effect is that all out plants in the garden all look way healthier than they did before the treatment started

It is not an option we really wanted to do but once the land is infested then you need a strong response, our dogs seemed to be losing weight and the ticks were getting into the Dobes ears and driving him mad so they had to go. I am going to keep on getting the land sprayed every month so we don't end up in the same situation further down the line

Edited by mark131v