Meningitus

Thaicoon

Hi all you guys from Buriram, was just wondering any of your family had this virus, meningitas, as my wifes village close to Buriram, it has hit 11 children all taken to hospital, they had the guys there spraying last week, but another lad was taken in to hospital last tues, it is close to Huey Rat about 14 KMs, and about 5 kms outside of Buriram, I was just wondering if any other villages had been affected close by.

Hi all you guys from Buriram, was just wondering any of your family had this virus, meningitas, as my wifes village close to Buriram, it has hit 11 children all taken to hospital, they had the guys there spraying last week, but another lad was taken in to hospital last tues, it is close to Huey Rat about 14 KMs, and about 5 kms outside of Buriram, I was just wondering if any other villages had been affected close by.

Yes, there was one case in our settlement last week. Spraying afterwards (of course).

I am not sure whether it is meningitis, from all I understood (musquito, ill) I gathered it might have been malaria or dengue.

We're in Chok Rat about 9 km's east of Huay Rat, and halfway to Krasang.

No other cases reported.

edited: and not in my family

Edited by cnxpat

Update, as just now someone came back from "town" (Huay Rat), and apparently people are laying on the floor, as the hospital is flooded with sick people and not enough beds. Now I haven't seen that for myself, but it's the talk of the settlement over here!

I am trying to find out what it is that seems to affect so many people around here!

Update, as just now someone came back from "town" (Huay Rat), and apparently people are laying on the floor, as the hospital is flooded with sick people and not enough beds. Now I haven't seen that for myself, but it's the talk of the settlement over here!

I am trying to find out what it is that seems to affect so many people around here!

Our village is Ban Kok Yai, on the Surin road from Buriram, about 5 to 6 clicks out, i thought it was malaria when my wife told me, but her sister has told her Meningitas, can you catch this from Moskitos ?, as this outbreak must of come from the Moskito as they would not be spraying, the wife and i are supposed to come back to Buriram in October and bring my 5 year old, if this go,s on i will leave her in the UK with her grandparents.

Our village is Ban Kok Yai, on the Surin road from Buriram, about 5 to 6 clicks out, i thought it was malaria when my wife told me, but her sister has told her Meningitas, can you catch this from Moskitos ?, as this outbreak must of come from the Moskito as they would not be spraying, the wife and i are supposed to come back to Buriram in October and bring my 5 year old, if this go,s on i will leave her in the UK with her grandparents.

I don't think one can get meningitis from mozzies ... will have to do a google on that

I have my 3 yo here, no panic, I will try to get more info, but my medical knowledge is as good as my Thai