ANZ transferring money from Australia

Hi all,

Need to send money from ANZ account in Australia, but seems the limit is only $10000AUD a day. Anyone have experience with ANZ and sending money from Australia to purchase a condo.

Can you send more over the phone/in branch?

Any previous purchases have been from other country accounts.

I have transferred up to $70,000 in a single transfer. Amounts over $10,000 must be reported to the reserve bank but this is no problem when the money comes from your bank account.

Ps All my transfers are through the ANZ bank sent to my Bangkok Bank a/c in Australian dollars(better exchange rate), Bangkok bank provide the paper work showing that the money came from outside of Thailand.

I have transferred up to $70,000 in a single transfer. Amounts over $10,000 must be reported to the reserve bank but this is no problem when the money comes from your bank account.

Thanks for this.

I need to send $50000 for condo purchase. Do I still need to report to the reserve bank? I can send it using phone banking, and ANZ didnt mention anything about that.

I transfer money from my ANZ account to my Thailand bank account using Aus ForEX. The exchange rate is usually the best. When you establish an account with ForEx they will give you a BPAY account. For all ANZ accounts, BPAY is up to $50,000 for all standard internet bank accounts.

You simply electronically transfer the amount from your ANZ account, using BPAY, to the Aus ForEX account. They then transfer it to your Thai bank account at the agreed exchange rate (which is shown on ForEx). There is no fee for amounts over $10,000 and $15 for under $10,000. You have to give a reason for the transfer which is 'to buy condo', but there are no checks. The process takes four working days.

I've looked at all the ways to transfer money from Australia to Thailand and ForEx is the best (apart from physically carrying the cash yourself to get the best exchange rate).

Edited by Stevemercer

I send money through westpac it goes direct to Bank of Bangkok. I do it online and it costs $20 Aud no matter how much you send, I think my limit is 10000Aud per day

With most banks it goes through other banks, but not with Westpac and they all take a cut from the money. I transfer my pension on Thursday night after 9pm and it is in my Thai account on Satuday

With anz you can only send 10k at a time if you have personal banking. If your a business customer is 25k or more I think (need to check).

Or just call the international dept and do an IMT over the phone (International money transfer). YOu can send up to 100k

I forgot to mention...... tell them on the phone that they must write in capital letters ''DO NOT CONVERT''

This means that the oz bank will not convert the money to thai baht in australia. The thai bank will do it in bangkok and you will get a much better rate ie more cash....