AOT to investigate how handgun sneaked through security check at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

Ezzra

I've never seen a 'nipple' ring!!!

When I think that in Bangkok they took a jar of chutney out of my hand luggage. Mind you the female was more annoyed that it came from CM.

As for the 'I forget that it was in my bag' bit.....the whole story stinks.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice little headache for AOT as they can't or won't admit security was lax or that his VIP status was a little too special so they have to deny he carried the gun out of Thailand but if he admits it was his and he took it with him in his bout of forgetfulness ... ?

Don't you think that if he did have it with him when he went to Japan that the Japanese would also have to admit that their security was lax for allowing it into Japan ?

It would seem that the Japanese police have the weapon so if it is a legal weapon from Thailand it shouldn't be to difficult to check the serial numbers.

If it is not legal then who knows where it came from.

When's the last time you went through a metal detector AFTER disembarking a plane? When you do a transfer, yes, but not when you enter a country.

Funnily enough they were doing exactly that at Changi on Friday afternoon

I can't remember having been checked ever (me and my hand bag) or sent through a metal detector when arriving at an airport. (I'm not talking about transfers)

Edited by sweatalot

He was probly in a VIP group on arrival and his hand luggage was not checked. As he has discovered at Narita all luggage is screened on departure.

Most probably working as a minder or bodyguard for some high society Thai.

Is it possible that he bought the gun in Japan?

Is it possible that you missed the part where he admitted taking it out of Thailand.?sad.png DUH !!!!!!!

Read #20.

So you´r the guy that never misses anything? Can you walk on water as well?

Nice little headache for AOT as they can't or won't admit security was lax or that his VIP status was a little too special so they have to deny he carried the gun out of Thailand but if he admits it was his and he took it with him in his bout of forgetfulness ... ?

Don't you think that if he did have it with him when he went to Japan that the Japanese would also have to admit that their security was lax for allowing it into Japan ?

It would seem that the Japanese police have the weapon so if it is a legal weapon from Thailand it shouldn't be to difficult to check the serial numbers.

That's an interesting point. They found it when he was on his way out, not in.

Just to clear up the debate. There are countries that screen incoming hand-luggage, and countries that do not.

Australia usually checks. I have walked through unchecked in China, Thailand, and Canada. I cannot remember about other places.

I do not know about Narita.

Is it possible that he bought the gun in Japan?

He produced a licence for it, didn't he? So how the hell did he buy it in Japan if he has a Thai licence to carry it?

Am I wrong? am I as confused as all the others on here?

None of this matters. If he were on the up and up, as a police officer he would disclose it in advance to Japanese authorities. The fact that he didn't makes him culpable. There is zero tolerance for this behavior.

There is no clearing the egg off the face in this one. Both the AOT and the General are smeared good and proper. Japan is unlikely to accept the bullshit, although I expect in the end behind the doors grovelling will prevail and the General will be released. The damage to Thailand's reputation has been done however, and as per usual it's due to corrupt/incompetent officials.

How about Corrupt, Bullying "I will do what I want. These rules do not apply to people like me and I can have you fired" VIP's and intimidated front-line airport security staff?

Just to clear up the debate. There are countries that screen incoming hand-luggage, and countries that do not.

Australia usually checks. I have walked through unchecked in China, Thailand, and Canada. I cannot remember about other places.

I do not know about Narita.

Countries like Australia, N.Z. etc that are ultra-protective of their agriculture industries check everything and x-ray everything on arrival to pick up possible risk food items and also drugs & weapons as secondary issues. AUST & NZ both have domestic "Reality TV" programs showing what people get caught trying to bring in. Some of the stuff is extraordinary. I doubt that he could have blustered or VIP'ed his way to bypassed the X-ray machines in those 2 countries. Edited by The Deerhunter

Maybe somebody asked him to carry it through, like the Thai students said when they got caught with the same, and I doubt he sneaked through, he probably just walked through with it at security checks in Thailand.

"Don't you think that if he did have it with him when he went to Japan that the Japanese would also have to admit that their security was lax for allowing it into Japan ?"

And when were you asked to go through security on your way INTO a country?

I can't remember having been checked ever (me and my hand bag) or sent through a metal detector when arriving at an airport. (I'm not talking about transfers)

It happens at Changi on occasion, not every time you land

"Don't you think that if he did have it with him when he went to Japan that the Japanese would also have to admit that their security was lax for allowing it into Japan ?"

When you go into Singapore on occassion and a few other countries to boot... Barry....so lets not let your lack of knowledge and international travel get in the way of your expert opinion thumbsup.gif

Don't you think that if he did have it with him when he went to Japan that the Japanese would also have to admit that their security was lax for allowing it into Japan ?i

When's the last time you went through a metal detector AFTER disembarking a plane? When you do a transfer, yes, but not when you enter a country.

Funnily enough they were doing exactly that at Changi on Friday afternoon
Yes it happens regularly at Changi.

If the staff maning the exray machines at Swampy are anything like those at Don Mueang I'm not surprised, on several occasions that I've passed through there, they were too busy in their mobile phones to watch the monitors and passengers were bypassing the machines.

Investigate? Don't bother, I'll tell you what it was: Thainess. It's a kind of magic and you can't fight magic, can you? My recommendation is to buy new amulets to all security officers at the gates to battle this.

Having worked at an International airport in the UK I find it next to impossible to believe even that small gun wasn't picked up. The scanners view luggage from every angle and software highlights suspect items on the screen in front of the operator. Even tiny metallic objects are picked up.

Either someone was asleep or it was allowed through.

The Japanese security seemed to pick up it easily enough.

Obviously, you haven't been through any major airport in Australia or new Zealand, sniffer dogs and x-rays, the only thing missing is the metal detector. Armed Federal Police also patrolling.

Three-four years ago I was on a KLM flight B'kok/Amsterdam. There was a very obnoxious passenger not far from me who spent the whole trip drinking the numerous cans of Chang that he had brought on board in his hand luggage. Allowed? On a transfer flight I have had a small bottle of wine taken out.

Edited by Gillyflower

Obviously, you haven't been through any major airport in Australia or new Zealand, sniffer dogs and x-rays, the only thing missing is the metal detector. Armed Federal Police also patrolling.

Even when I do declare something (usually Mama Green Curry noodles), it is not unusual for your luggage to get a swab test for drugs.