What Do You Look for in a Partner?

EmptyHead

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks, intelligence and a sense of worth.

Preferable Western, but if I were to meet the right Thai girl then.....

She would have studied or lived overseas, have exemplary English language skills

She would have come to her own realisation that religions are a crock and want nothing to do with superstition

She would understand that keeping fit is very important and would not allow herself to get fat

She would not have, nor ever want children

She would have a good job and be financially independent

She would either have no siblings or they would be similar to her

Her parents would be well educated, at least middle class and speak English

i think one of the most important things in a relationship is being independent so at times you both have your own interests without being in a hideous relationship where you are hanging around each other 24 hours a day.(please note that i have been single for years......) FJ x

• Compassion and caring toward others (it's easy to fake caring for your 'target' when you're trying to catch him)

• Honesty (everybody lies, but I'm talking about the big deceptions and violations here)

• Sense of humour / playfulness (important when the lust fades - laughs easily - laughs at my jokes and makes me laugh - riff of each other)

• Common sense (I don't need to talk to my partner about Bayes' Theorem, but I don't want someone frustratingly stupid)

• Not materialistic/shallow (likes the simple things in life - not into brands, expensive goodies, etc.)

• 'Spark' / chutzpah (not dull, fearful, or low-energy - this is the one that gets me in trouble because it is associated with being 'jai rawn')

• Resilient - not whiny or self-entitled (can't stand a woman that frequently complains how hard her life has been)

• Physically appealing (to me - i.e., 'chemistry' - yeah, this fades, but it's nice at the start)

• Good in bed (again, a version of 'chemistry' - again, something that's more important at the start)

... and probably a few more things. Looks like a long list, but I've met a good number of people who check all the boxes to at least some extent.

If my GF knew anything about Bayes theorem she'd be history! smile.png

I can't stand competition in the brains dept... Sorry, Am I a Chauvinist or what? Bye the way DocNo... That's a beautiful and well thought out compilation.

Bayes Theorem (aka, Bayes Rule)

Bayes' theorem (also known as Bayes' rule) is a useful tool for calculating conditional probabilities. Bayes' theorem can be stated as follows:

Bayes' theorem. Let A1, A2, ... , An be a set of mutually exclusive events that together form the sample space S. Let B be any event from the same sample space, such that P(cool.png > 0. Then,

P( Ak | B ) = P( Ak B ) P( A1 B ) + P( A2 B ) + . . . + P( An B )

Note: Invoking the fact that P( Ak B ) = P( Ak )P( B | Ak ), Baye's theorem can also be expressed as

P( Ak | B ) = P( Ak ) P( B | Ak ) P( A1 ) P( B | A1 ) + P( A2 ) P( B | A2 ) + . . . + P( An ) P( B | An )

Unless you are a world-class statiscian, Bayes' theorem (as expressed above) can be intimidating. However, it really is easy to use. The remainder of this lesson covers material that can help you understand when and how to apply Bayes' theorem effectively.

Edited by PeCeDe

• now , i dont look for young or beautifull, i look for mature, self sufficient, funny, sense of humour, gentleness and a woman with a good heart , yes you heard it right, " i want heart " biggrin.png .

just met an older woman recently from naklua, 42 yrs old, she has the body of an 18 yr old, she works , though her english is not great but she seems nice and friendly and gentle and the sort of girl i like, everything going ok so far, fingers crossed. though ive only split a year from wifey so im in no big rush to fall in love again ,if i ever do that is.

Edited by dirtycash

• Compassion and caring toward others (it's easy to fake caring for your 'target' when you're trying to catch him)

• Honesty (everybody lies, but I'm talking about the big deceptions and violations here)

• Sense of humour / playfulness (important when the lust fades - laughs easily - laughs at my jokes and makes me laugh - riff of each other)

• Common sense (I don't need to talk to my partner about Bayes' Theorem, but I don't want someone frustratingly stupid)

• Not materialistic/shallow (likes the simple things in life - not into brands, expensive goodies, etc.)

• 'Spark' / chutzpah (not dull, fearful, or low-energy - this is the one that gets me in trouble because it is associated with being 'jai rawn')

• Resilient - not whiny or self-entitled (can't stand a woman that frequently complains how hard her life has been)

• Physically appealing (to me - i.e., 'chemistry' - yeah, this fades, but it's nice at the start)

• Good in bed (again, a version of 'chemistry' - again, something that's more important at the start)

... and probably a few more things. Looks like a long list, but I've met a good number of people who check all the boxes to at least some extent.

`not into brands, expensive goodies`

Bit of a tight-arse are we Doc?biggrin.png

Same as my cars... if I am just going for a drive.. Sports car.. but if I needed it as my daily driver.. looking for something a bit more comfortable.. good GPS nice accessories.. more a luxury model that you can drive for a long time.

One without a dick for a start, gotta be attractive, but not pretty, pretty ones are high maintenance, and trouble....

That's the last time I will send you a picture of my g/f. with a full description now you had to go and tell everybody. All kidding aside she is a real jewel and I am one darn lucky fellow. Wished I was 30 years younger. She gives so much and takes so little.

please dont forget to add adress and her 3rd cell number :-)) !!

She would have studied or lived overseas, have exemplary English language skills

She would have come to her own realisation that religions are a crock and want nothing to do with superstition

She would understand that keeping fit is very important and would not allow herself to get fat

Still single huh?

Funny, I am looking for replacement for mine now. After 13 years and three kids, my wife finally had enough I guess. Anyway:

1. Everyone has their own tastes in physical attributes, but I know what I like and that is important for me.

2. Not Jealous or crazy

3. Able to manage money maturely

4. Must submit as my love slave

Everything else and she can decide how we play it.

Also, almost forgot and for dealing with Thai women this may be most important attribute of all, at least for any marriage prospects: She must accept and take her husband as her priority family member and place that relationship above her momma, papa, brother, uncle, buffalo, etc...

There are three major categories--the trifecta--which fit both men and women--looks, mind, and heart. I placed looks first because that is the most obvious, it should not be first in your decision-making process to enter into a relationship.

I want a woman who can do more than just spread her legs. Sex is important in a relationship, but many other attributes are needed to engender a lasting relationship. I want a woman without a lot of baggage--no children, no ex-husbands/boyfriends, no shoddy past, no dependent extended family. In reality, that usually means a younger woman. Ah, well, so be it. I don't mind training her to my standards, but she must possess the trifecta to be considered.

She has to have heart. By that, I mean she must be a good person and have an outgoing personality. One who is truthful, genuine, and reliable; yet funny, interesting and exciting. A person within whom I can confide. A person I can trust with my heart and all your wordly goods. I do look for a romantic relationship and I want a woman I can truly love.

She has to have a brain. I could not exist with a dummy. I want to share my thoughts and my life-decisions with my partner. I want my partner to be able to add to our relationship, in real assests as well as intangible assets, and not just take from the relationship. I think you can love a rich girl just as well as a poor one, perhaps even easier. However, if you choose a poorer younger woman, help her, send her to school, help her get a good job, so she can feel an equal partner and add to the relationship.

Looks do not have to mean beauty, high-maintenance is too often associated with beauty--if they think they look better with all that shit on their faces, they probably do. I like them the way they come out of the shower. Cute is real nice when it comes to women. A nicely shaped body fits well in with the looks, not necesarily big-boobed, I prefer a nice butt and legs. However, as they say, looks are fleeting and are merely the icing on the cake.

Choose wisely my friends if you want a lasting relationship. However, if all you want is a bit of leg, I suggest you use the Cold Beer Theory. Treat your women like cold beers--choose one, use it up, pay for it; then cycle through the same three steps again and again. You don't fall in love with the cold beers, but you sure do enjoy them; and when they are gone, you simply choose another.

Lots of great posts, by the way. More than I expected! Thanks!

Why does the OP ask? Is he incapable of coming to his own conclusions?

Is he going to follow posters advice and search for an PhD educated, beer drinking, bar girl that brings home a fortune? blink.png

That sounds ideal, thanks for the suggestion.

There was a time before,when a good figure. Nice looking and great in bed were main considerations. After a few divorces I have now been married to my wife,who is Thai for 22 years,she is still nice looking ,but the main thing now as I get older is her careing ways she speaks,reads and writes English,far far better than I speak Thai,she has a good job,earns good money,is great around the house and garden,looks after me so well and even washes the car ,oh and yes she is a great sh-----

took me ages to find one that new about pigs,,lol

you know when you have met the right one,, hard to put into words, so im not going to try,

Gotta love the pigs Jake.

114 day gestation period and one of the most efficient animals to pack on the meat and muscle.

They have a great personality and shape that rivals many of our specimen also hehe.

To say "you know when you have met the right one,, hard to put into words...",

That inner and outer glow we have when you've found the one often rivals words.

Common interests, drives, passions, and love for life together and one another supersedes near all else.

I love my partner also mate…and I do love the pigs too.

Edited by Blackfox

There was a time before,when a good figure. Nice looking and great in bed were main considerations. After a few divorces I have now been married to my wife,who is Thai for 22 years,she is still nice looking ,but the main thing now as I get older is her careing ways she speaks,reads and writes English,far far better than I speak Thai,she has a good job,earns good money,is great around the house and garden,looks after me so well and even washes the car ,oh and yes she is a great sh-----

Oh yes I forgot we laugh a lot

and then why would she want a man ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

and why would she want a man ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

`not into brands, expensive goodies`

Bit of a tight-arse are we Doc?biggrin.png

hehehe - was a time when I wanted to print up a shirt saying 'kee niao and proud!' (in English and Thai) and where it about my gf's town... gf wasn't sold on the idea.

But seriously, I've known girls (fortunately, only one of them briefly a gf) who complain about lack of money then want the latest iPhone or Prada bag etc. My gf happily uses her Qphone knock-off w/o any whinging. And while she likes a good-looking handbag as much as the next girl, she (happily) doesn't 'need' an $800 Chanel one. :-)

I hav'ent hurd the word 'kee niao' for long time, very appropriate to the younger and older falang members,if this word was addressed from day one you would gauge that womens salt very quickly,and a portal of her many truths.

My true 'kee niao and proud!' story for me as a westerner it was very hard to hide money from myself for two years, while living on and off there with the usual gathering and meet and greet the family and friends, I always made sure I had dirt and shit under fingernails and dressed rough and tough and everyone in the village said leave this falang he has nothing to offer you,lots of bad story's whent around about me,and people started to rubbish the family name, I would make up allsorts of bullshit, like I was very lucky winning the lottery,all the time and friends payed me back ext ext , I would give the money to her and watch, I was very surprised how little money she gave to mum over the time,one evening at the family dinning table on the floor, I said to her quietly give a bit more coin,and for your brothers,she just stood up and said to everyone this is all we can afford and sat down and nothing more was said, overtime our Trust honour & Respect grow to true love my sole mate, to the point of marriage nearly two years had gone, I asked for her hand and she said no! we cannot afford it, and Harry you have to pay mumma 500.000 Baht for me, I lost it, maybe my 'kee niao' attitude had to finish I gave mumma 500.000 happy birthday and had it translated to her, I don't want to buy your daughter keep her.

And just to piss everyone off in the village I arranged a recommened Thai broker to come and sniff around I brought just over 350 rai in cash and the local store all in my ladys name, she could not believe what was happening and whom was doing this, all the titles and legal stuff was done right and word got out, she was not upset just disbeleived, she gave the local store back to her school friend mate for nothing, man did that feel good, things certainly changed, with her and I for the better she became the 'kee niao and im so proud, of her the likes of buying a bus and paying 10 Bhat each for all kids to go to school and addressing good drinking water for the hot summers and just helping the community with my total support.

After seeing all this for a long time, This is my women

Just after that in 2007 we went to Phuket for her birthday I brought house for her in Kathu in the hills I payed 6000000 Baht cash,and we called it home filled it full of furniture didn't even get a root that night.

Now 2015 we are past foreplay we are ' one ' and still not married, with lots of adopted kids.

And very happy to have found each other that rainy night, The best partner a man could ever want my Bai Sky.

Good night forum or should I say morning.

Oldmanharry