90 Day Reporting Jomtien - Pinch Me, I Must Be Dreaming!

Come to think of it, I MAY have been teaching illegally volunteering at a school in Chonburi where the admin staff took care of my 90 day check in over the last two years. Again, what a pleasant surprise!

• Like 1

A eerily quiet low season, no Russians and 'Tinsel town' being more like a ghost town may have something to do with your swift Dor Mor visit smile.png

Edited by SteveB2

Went same day as OP, this last Monday around 10:30am and had the same experience. I still brought the TM47 filled out, because it's so hard to believe they really need nothing, but I'm now convinced. The same nice lady confirmed I do not need to fill that out so next time it's only the passport I'm bringing.

I also will need to continue going into Jomtien because I was not successful with the online report. I tried to explain it to the lady in hopes she could tell me what I needed to do to fix it or help me fix it, but she either couldn't fix it, wasn't understanding what I wanted or was unwilling.

In the online report I didn't know the flight # I came in on and I never filled it out on the arrival card. I was hoping she could look it up and then I'd have it. Whatever, I don't live that far away and I only have 2 or 3 more times to mess with that before I head back home.

In the 18 months I've been here now I have always found the staff at the Jomtien office quick and most helpful and now for those of us who can successfully navigate the online reporting even better! ☺

• Like 1

I had good service doing my Retirement visa this week at Jomtien. The staff went through my paperwork which took about twenty minutes and told me to come back the next day for my visa and passport after 14.00 and to take my photo? Next day, in and out in five minutes. Pleasant and good service.

Always good to hear that there's a positive side to things. smile.png

Always had positive experiences at Jomtien - a great office.

Now, if the rusty cogs at CM Immi could turn a bit faster, life would really be great for many! They do a fantastic service, but are grossly undermanned and their system is, well - not exactly up to date......

Good on ya, Jomtien! thumbsup.gif

Same for me at Jomtien last week in and out in two minutes.

However this was, like others, after an unsuccessful attempt to do the report online.

I had all the details including my last flight number but after pressing submit nothing else!!

it is now the procedure at jointiem not to fill any form tm 47, just to hand over your passport for the 90 day report,

wbr

roobaa01

No kidding. Chiang Mai? We seeing the same thing here?

Does anyone know what happens if you were out of the country on the due reporting date?

I realize you can count 90 days from the date of re-entry before reporting again, but do you then need to fill up a TM47 and take passport copies? Or will the paper with the barcode serve to bring up the required information on the computer?

I am assuming here that the dates of exit and re-entry at the airport get updated onto the same computer file that Jomtien references.

Anyone got any knowledge on this?

Come to think of it, I MAY have been teaching illegally volunteering at a school in Chonburi where the admin staff took care of my 90 day check in over the last two years. Again, what a pleasant surprise!

Same thing if you did not have a work permit. :-)

I use to dread going to Jomtien immigration...had some real pieces of work working there...

Glad to hear things have changed dramatically for the better...

I may pour ice water on you to make sure you did not dream this up...smile.png

Does anyone know what happens if you were out of the country on the due reporting date?

I realize you can count 90 days from the date of re-entry before reporting again, but do you then need to fill up a TM47 and take passport copies? Or will the paper with the barcode serve to bring up the required information on the computer?

I am assuming here that the dates of exit and re-entry at the airport get updated onto the same computer file that Jomtien references.

Yes, that exact situation happened to me. Visited relatives, during which time I was scheduled for the 90 day report. As long as you purchase a re-entry permit, then the day you step back on Thai soil begins your new 90 days.

I asked the same question at Jomtien Immigration when I got my re-entry permit a few days ago. I was told that I should report 90 days after my return to Thailand and I would not need any extra paperwork.

I am not leaving the country until next month and I will only re-enter Thailand in September, so I will not find out whether the info was correct until December.

In any case, filling in a TM47 and getting a few passport copies made will not be too much of a hardship.

I join others here who recognise the vast improvements made by Jomtien Immigration Office. Anyone remember reporting at the Soi 9 (or was it Soi 8?) Pattaya police station - it was grim.

it is now the procedure at jointiem not to fill any form tm 47, just to hand over your passport for the 90 day report,

wbr

roobaa01

Yes, the paper they staple in your passport is bar-coded so there should be no need for any other paperwork. Surprised the O/P, assuming he's been doing regular 90 day reports, didn't already have the bar-coded receipt.

I've always found doing the 90 day report, and even the annual extension, was pretty much hassle-free and quick at Jomtien. With the bar-coding it's even better.

I took out the paperwork the other day and to my surprise there are the full passport details of a Swedish bloke on the back.I'm all for saving paper but giving out a persons passport details is a bit much.

• Like 2

hi I to went yesterday 5 mins great. one thing my new one says notify my address on the 22/9/2015 what does hat mean? can anyone tell me if i have to take proof of my address i.e a bill? thanks

That is what they call a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. It will be the same as the one you just did no need for anything more than is normally needed.

wbr

roobaa01

Yes, the paper they staple in your passport is bar-coded so there should be no need for any other paperwork. Surprised the O/P, assuming he's been doing regular 90 day reports, didn't already have the bar-coded receipt.

I've always found doing the 90 day report, and even the annual extension, was pretty much hassle-free and quick at Jomtien. With the bar-coding it's even better.

You would only have to show anything if you have moved during your last 90 day period.

• 1 year later...

My Jomtien reporting date falls dues this Sunday and I was planning dropping by on Friday. However, plans changed and I am out of town until Sunday. Do they make a fuss about reporting a day late at Jomtien? The official policy is 15 days before and 7 days after but just checking for local cows.

Pity I missed the online option (again)!

Thanks!

NL

Edited by NanLaew