is this new procedure for 90 day report

tomahawk

Greetings. I returned to Thailand from America at the end of March. I figured my 90 days are up from that time so I was going to go tomorrow for 90 day report. Now I look in passport, and see there is a paper stapled inside says, "This is not an extension of stay please notify your address again on 20 April 2015." So according to this note I am way past this date, but it was always before that once you reenter the country the 90 days start on day of arrival. Is this something new? Do any of you guys know what this paper is? Thanks.

My notice paper says that my next 90-day is in the middle of August, but when I did my visa extension last month, the Immigration Officer told me that was incorrect, and that my 90-day is in the middle of July. I'll go in the middle of July, and I'm curious to hear what another Immigration Officer says while looking at my last 90-day notice...

Same happened to me when I returned from Australia. I didn't see the mistake until I was at home, so next day I took it to the airport Immigration office, as it was their mistake.

They were most helpful and changed the date to make it 90 days, and all done

Sounds like you had not removed your old 90 day report receipt from your passport after you left the country and that is what you are looking at. The 90 day clock for reporting starts the day you enter Thailand and count starts the 1st day.

If you didn't go to immigration, then how did you get the 90 day report card in your passport? As Tywais said it starts at the date you enter the country or start your extension.

but if you actually are late with your 90 day report in the future, it is fined similar to overstay. So be careful and pay attention to the dates.

In my case, I have NOT left the country for over two years. My 90-day reports were always done 4-5 days before they were due.

I really don't know where the one month discrepancy came from, but the Immigration officer was most insistent that the date written by another Immigration officer was incorrect. I wasn't about to argue the point with her.

Archived