second hand timber/wood/or whole houses in Bangkok

andreas islinger

any ideas where i can source cheap timber... i used to buy old houses in australia which where taken down because of asbestos and i would buy the timber from those demolishers dirt cheap, like $2000 for a whole house... they demolish and load onto my truck with an ascavator...of course they get rid of the aspestos first... its those fibro houses from the 60-ies... just wondering if there is opportunities like this in thailand... i can use tools and built 19 dwellings on my farm back in oz like this... i still got 100 tons of timeber racked up and denailed there.... but now i live here...and i bet the white ants have a ball over there 555...

i live in nonthaburi right now... we got land near hua hin where we are thinking of building.... any ideas...

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Nakhon Sawan Province and there are a few places that sell it. Generally it is more expensive than new wood from the lumber yard. But, the one thing is that it's had been properly aged and will not "shrink and bend" as it drys. I made this cutting board fro it for the kitchen, no problems and only treated with mineral oil.

post-77463-0-90487500-1436424730_thumb.j

post-77463-0-80903200-1436424754_thumb.j

Archived