Urgent! - How to stop international mail?

DinoSabanovic

How long ago?

It may still be at the office where you dropped it off. Worth a call if you can find a number and have a Thai speaker.

Other than that, did you put a return address?

It most likely would have left the post office last night.

Mail cannot sit idle for long ... it has to be delivered. Can you contact the person at the address to advise them ? or send an immediate follow on letter asking them to kindly forward it on .. and give them the pre-marked sticker etc ... and a small bonus for there effort.

otherwise .... someone is getting an early christmas gift ... blink.png

Edited by steven100

Not a problem. Do you know the expedition number of the package? May be possible for track and trace online find out where it is exactly.

If it is international, call Thai Customs, a 4 digit number, They speak English. National delivery inside Thailand look for post office's main national number,

they will, all likely contact the appropriate sorting office and have it redirected (if you know and verify the details).

Many years with DHL, this kind of thing happens from time to time.

You did not tell us to what country the package was going

If to the US you could go online and send an email giving all of the details and you might be able to get it automatically forwarded to the correct address

I know that when I used that service for USPS regarding a mail forwarding problem they contacted the local Postmaster and he followed up and resolved my problem

https://www.usps.com/help/contact-us.htm

My advice is; check to see if the address you sent it to is listed in an online directory that may give a name and phone number.

If you discover a phone number, phone the address, explain the situation and ask if the person could kindly forward the package on to the correct address, giving them a forwarding address of course.

My advice is; check to see if the address you sent it to is listed in an online directory that may give a name and phone number.

If you discover a phone number, phone the address, explain the situation and ask if the person could kindly forward the package on to the correct address, giving them a forwarding address of course.

Please see me earlier post ...

Mail cannot sit idle for long ... it has to be delivered. Can you contact the person at the address to advise them ? or send an immediate follow on letter asking them to kindly forward it on .. and give them the pre-marked sticker etc ... and a small bonus for there effort.

I recently sent a registered letter (tracking) to the USA and it sat at Swampy for 18 days. Once it departed Swampy it got delivered within 24 hours.

I'd be genuinely amazed if it were possible to intercept a package. My understanding at least as far as the USA was or possibly is concerned is that once the mail is on its way, in essence it belongs to the adressee.

I recently sent a registered letter (tracking) to the USA and it sat at Swampy for 18 days. Once it departed Swampy it got delivered within 24 hours.

I'd be genuinely amazed if it were possible to intercept a package. My understanding at least as far as the USA was or possibly is concerned is that once the mail is on its way, in essence it belongs to the adressee.

Yes, but, if address is incomplete or wrong, it will be returned to sender.

I consider this topic closed. Thank you for answers.