RoundUp taking heavy fire

FYI. I've been compiling recent articles on the RoundUp/glyphosate controversy. Evidence is piling up and now WHO is in the picture with a study on glyphosate toxicity.

I would think I'd be dead by now if it's true, I've used it for years, but it's tough to kill an old tree worker. It looks like I'd better take it seriously now. don

GLYPHOSATE UNDER FIRE.pdf

Back in aus the chemical companies would run chemical awareness courses in the farming districts in association with your local elders or wesfarmers agents.

These days the only time you would come into contact with a chemical is if you were cleaning a filter or spray nozzle.(but wearing gloves)

Sad to say thailand is a long way behind with their approach to handling chemicals.If the government here wants to help,they urgently need to supply disposable overalls at a low price as well as masks to use and be returned to the puyaiban.

Banning glysophate will certainly not help the farmers,only make it worse in my view from a users perspective..

One thing that strikes me here is there is no where to take your old containers for disposal..

Edited by farmerjo

Problem is, glyphosate is it is not only used as a weed killed ,also used to desiccate oilseed rape/canola,one time that is all we use to use ,abet a lot of years ago,now they say diquat,plus some other chemicals can be used and are prefered, but more expensive, but the uk wants to be 20% self sufficient in alternative energy,and a lot will come from OSR ,with the unpredictable weather desiccating,is easier, but 78% of cops are desiccated in the uk ,but only 4% in Germany( Wikie), with swathing,no waiting you turn for the contractor and his swather to turn up. crop swathed ,then its rains for a week.

Using glyphosate will also kill the weeds in the crop,so giving you a cleaner field,for the next crop.

If they ban glyphosate,more farmers will use diquat,which in its setf can be dodgee,will they try and ban diquat?they are worries about it contaminating watercourses.

We use to grow mung beans,a good crop,but a problem of unequal ripening,of the pods ,like OSR I said lets try and spray glyphosate I got a ,a big no ,never done that before ect, ect.

Did here of some spraying gramoxone,then picking the beans 24 hours later.